Gen 1 Value - Thinking of Buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NJ truck, look at the rust on the tow hooks, usually a sign of what’s to see underneath. Not that it’s not salvageable but a lot of these trucks have pretty nasty undercarriages when it comes to rust. For the right price any raptor is a good raptor.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, if you use a black truck as a "work truck" the paint coat is gonna be thrashed. Wrapping it is cheaper and easier than repainting it, just to get scratched again.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if you use a black truck as a "work truck" the paint coat is gonna be thrashed. Wrapping it is cheaper and easier than repainting it, just to get scratched again.
Any truck that gets used as a work truck, regardless of color of paint, will get thrashed.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A diy vinyl wrap could be completed for $300. At the Barstow ohv area races, I saw several class 1400 race truck teams that would just print multiple copies of their bedside, front clip, etc. graphics; then after each race they just overlayed another vinyl print of the truck color & sponsor logos, and the truck looked new again.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2014 SE from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area in January 2021 for $31,500. with 136,288 miles. No issues since EXCEPT fuse 27. Now only have 147,000 miles so I don't use it much. Still looks brand new and it came with the electric bed cover already on it. Hope this helps. No rust and I'm the 3rd owner.

Attachments

• Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 8