Geiser Bro's Raptor Progressive Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you take any before and after height measurements? If not, does it seem comparable to mid height, taller or shorter?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Looking forward to hearing more about the ride at mid perch. Looks pretty tall from the picture you posted. Did they have any problems getting it aligned on mid perch?

It is sitting slightly taller than stock was on mid perch. Only drove around town today I would say it seems a little stiffer but less harsh over bumps. Stock on mid perch seemed really bad on speed bumps and stuff. I will hopefully get to desert test it in the next week. As far as alignment everything was spot on except for my toe in was slightly off, no issues getting yet back in line.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Relentless and @JnJraptor. I'm still trying to decide if I should tackle it myself or have it done, as well as if I should set it at mid perch or bottom perch? I may just wait to see what others have to say as more sets get installed. I prefer to do it once, especially if I pay to have it done. Please keep us posted as you drive them more.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing my truck as well as my buddies truck in the near future. I've got a full working garage basically at home with a lift so that should make it a bit easier on me.

That being said....

Has anyone done a write up on whats required (socket sizes for the big blue bolt) or any tips and tricks that could help us guys doing the job ourselves out?

- Travis

TheJanke

Reaction score
Finally got all my parts together, I will be doing mine today along with a set of nationals for the back end. Im on mid perch now stock on 37's going to try to go with bottom perch with these.

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know the results for bottom perch/progressive springs/37's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing my truck as well as my buddies truck in the near future. I've got a full working garage basically at home with a lift so that should make it a bit easier on me.

That being said....

Has anyone done a write up on whats required (socket sizes for the big blue bolt) or any tips and tricks that could help us guys doing the job ourselves out?

- Travis

If I remember correctly lower shock bolt/nut was 27mm and 30mm
Must haves would be a very good impact or large breaker bar fr lower shock.
A hammer to tap top side of spindle to break loose from UCA.
Also, have the torque specs handy for re assembly. They can be found on sdhq website under tech/write ups. They also ha one on adjusting shocks that shows pics of the steps to take when disassembling.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Here is a link to a how-to on adjusting your perch on the front shocks. Hope this helps:

http://sdhqoffroad.com/wp-content/u...Your-Stock-Fox-Coilovers-Perch-Adjustment.pdf

Edit:

Link to torque specs as well

http://sdhqoffroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/FORD-RAPTOR-TORQUE-SPECS.pdf

To tackle the job your self, you're going to need tools to remove the nuts from the sway bar, upper ball joint and tie rods as well as the nuts for the upper shock mount and the bolt for the lower shock mount. You'll need a spring compressor to remove the coil spring and I believe an alan head tool to remove the set screw off of the perch. Moving the set ring can be done with a pick tool. The lower shock nut requires 406 ft. lbs of torque to properly tighten it. That is the most difficult part of the install.

Let me know if you run into any problems. I've set my truck on every perch before to test it and had the front suspension apart many, many times.

Err

Reaction score
Just jumped in on a set of these springs today. Thanks Qcfx2 for setting this up! They'll be going on a '13 SCREW at the bottom perch. Hope to add 37" BFG AT's shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.