Gear indicator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am i an idiot or can you only see what gear your in via manual mode? I looked at non raptor F150 and their gear indicator is where we have the "modes" at the bottom left. Call me weird but i like to know what gear im in from time to time without switching to manual mode. Did i miss something?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am i an idiot or can you only see what gear your in via manual mode? I looked at non raptor F150 and their gear indicator is where we have the "modes" at the bottom left. Call me weird but i like to know what gear im in from time to time without switching to manual mode. Did i miss something?
RTFM

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit the + paddle shifter. That will turn on/off your gear display. The - will lock out gears, + will un-lockout the gears until you get to 10 then it will turn the display on/off

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Am i an idiot or can you only see what gear your in via manual mode?
Hit the + paddle shifter. That will turn on/off your gear display. The - will lock out gears, + will un-lockout the gears until you get to 10 then it will turn the display on/off

He’s in manual mode, on the Gen2, the main display changes and displays the gear. Not sure about G3

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s in manual mode, on the Gen2, the main display changes and displays the gear. Not sure about G3
He wants to know what gear he is in and that is why he switches to manual mode. He wanted to know how to see the gear your in without going into manual. The Gen 12 and Gen 13 both did it this way so I don’t know why Ford would change it

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, I cannot imagine or fathom how that gear display suppression is a feature for a paddle depression or button on the shifter. Apparently Ford is rather proud of it because it’s been around for ages now. Maybe still on the gen3?

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's like the Gen 2, when you put the truck in drive, hit the + on the shifter, this will turn on/off the gear indicator.

If it's not like the Gen 2, I have no clue. My Gen 3 is still a long way from reaching me.