Gas Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacer316

Reaction score
Well I purchased the truck at the end of August and it has had nothing but problems.

About 2 weeks ago check engine light came on code was P0456 for the evap leak. Took the truck in and they ended up replacing the filler neck which was not covered under the extended warranty so they only covered it because I hassled. Drive home and stopped to fill the truck up and could only get around 19 gallons in opposed to the usual 24-25. Start the truck and it seems as if the engine is flooding.

Take truck back in and they say that the purge valve was stuck, they fixed that for around $400 with labor after I haggled them down. Before I left went to fill the truck up again and still cant get it to go past the Full line, not to mention they busted my gas cap door. Wait another hour and he comes back and tells me that the new filler neck was defective. I make it clear that this time when they fix it to fill it up all the way.. I get the call today that everything is working and "they filled it up to the brim" I go to pick it up and its below the Full line, I go across the street to fill it up and cant.

I live 45 min away from this place at this point I lost my shit and of course there is no manager there on the weekend. I canceled the extended warranty because it hasn't covered any of the issues, any idea what would be going on? All the problems started after they installed the new filler neck.

Other codes that it has thrown:

P1298
P2196

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kind of extended warranty?
I had my evaporator purge valve replaced it was covered under my Ford Premium Care Extended Warranty.

OP
OP
pacer316

pacer316

Reaction score
What kind of extended warranty?
I had my evaporator purge valve replaced it was covered under my Ford Premium Care Extended Warranty.

MPP Gold Warranty. Taking the truck back in tomorrow after having a long conversation with the service manager.