FS: OE HID Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different than my last HID post.

I took on an HID project but no longer have the time to see it through. Comes with everything you need to retrofit halogens to OE HIDs, in fact they will be a bit better than OE. The kicker is that the housings are slightly damaged and would need some work before20190101_164420.jpg 20190101_164420.jpg 20181230_105800.jpg 20181230_111122.jpg being ready to go.

Asking $500 shipped anywhere in the US.

Includes the following:
-OE Housings from a 2014
-Morimoto XB55 ballasts
-Morimoto harness
-Morimoto D2 ignitors
-Osram 35W DS2 bulbs
-OE retainer clips, screws and boots from Tasca.

Everything is new and in original packaging except the headlights.

Is this a project, yes. But it's a great opportunity to get into some HIDs if you've got the know how and time .

Deckmaster

Reaction score
Quick question, but I am likely interested.
Do you happen to know what the back plastic is made of? Looking at the pictures I am guessing ABS. And will this plug into a truck that was originally HID without additional hardware?

Thanks

OP
OP
N

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, but I am likely interested.
Do you happen to know what the back plastic is made of? Looking at the pictures I am guessing ABS. And will this plug into a truck that was originally HID without additional hardware?

Thanks

It looks like ABS to me but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone else can chime in with an answer.

It won't plug and play with a truck that previously had HID .I've got the harness for a halogen to HID upgrade .the original ballasts and other hardware was removed .

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The type of plastic it's made from should be cast into the housing somewhere. They label it all for recycling.

Deckmaster

Reaction score
@NE Ford,
To clarify my earlier question about connecting to the original HID connections I am looking to see if the 4 pin cable is still inside the housings that would connect to the OE ballasts and the hi/low solenoid.
One last request just so I know what I might be getting into. Could you snap a picture of the entire backside of the housings?

Thanks

OP
OP
N

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@NE Ford,
To clarify my earlier question about connecting to the original HID connections I am looking to see if the 4 pin cable is still inside the housings that would connect to the OE ballasts and the hi/low solenoid.
One last request just so I know what I might be getting into. Could you snap a picture of the entire backside of the housings?

Thanks

Ah yes, the xonneccon is still in there. I'll get you some photos later this evening and look for the plastic material type on the housing.