Frying Eggs After Shutdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently got my truck back after service and now every time I shut it down after a long drive I hear a noise from under the truck that sounds like there's a liquid hitting something hot and reacting to it. It's not the standard noise of the exhaust pipes cooling, it'a a very noticeable pop and frying type noise.

Turn volume up:

I went by the dealer earlier today and the service adviser (not a tech) said it was normal water coming off the condenser, but I am unconvinced for two reasons:

1. It is a new noise.
2. If you look closely at the end of the video there seem to be two sources of water dripping.

Now I'm pretty sure it is water because it's not leaving any stains on my driveway, but then again maybe whatever is causing the noise is unrelated to the water drips you see and is another liquid evaporating on contact.

I'm going to take it back and have them take the Foutz skid plate off and look at the situation more closely.

But is anyone here familiar with this noise and can tell me what it is?

Thanks

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another fine example of Ford quality job 1 on your 75k truck. Way to expensive to properly run a drain tube like a other makers of luxury vehicles. Ford is the master of cost cutting.

And don't get me started naming things wrong with my raptor with 2k miles on it, the list is very long.:mad:

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And don't get me started naming things wrong with my raptor with 2k miles on it, the list is very long.:mad:

Well why not?? I'd love to know only to be more knowledgable. If you just turn it into a bashing event I could see others piling on to make it a different story.

Plenty of trucks out there will have no issues, some just seem to be built on a bad day. Anyway if you want to PM me with what you have found please do.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
don't get me started naming things wrong with my raptor with 2k miles on it, the list is very long.:mad:
don't hold back...give us your complete shit list :dancingpoop:
then take a REBEL 12 for a spin :)
IMG_2610.JPG 2019_ram_1500_rebel_12_3_1920x1080.jpg IMG_2609.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone were kind enough to take a short vid of their truck doing the same thing it would put my mind at rest that it really is normal.

Thanks.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought this was the Raptor Forum???? I guess I mistakenly logged into the Ram forums. Funny how that keeps happening. HAHAHA I am sure he has really persuaded a lot of Raptor owners to head over to Ram.

Sam