Front Suspension Rattle after mid perch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would ask this here before I start the diagnosis of the rattle. I did the front mid perch and upper ICON arms and I now have a rattle which is pretty pronounced and actually sounds like it may be from the shock. I have a chassis ear but I just got back from a business trip so I haven't had a chance to even look at it other than to verify everything is tight. I figured I would post here just to see if someone has ran across this and could save me some time. Seems to be on both sides of the front.

I will try to install the chassis ear sensors tomorrow to see where it is but surely someone has had this happen?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To do the mid perch did you remove the shocks from the truck or leave them on? If you removed them the lower bolt might not be tight, needs 450 ft/lbs.

Otherwise i would go back and retorque all the uca mounting bolts, and the tapered joints. Might of just missed one, or did not get correct torque.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the steering column. I had the same issue, it was replaced under factory warranty.

OP
OP
T

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the chassis ear sensors and drove the truck last night. As suggested in another post, the Rigid lights were causing the rattle. They were installed at the same time I did the mid perch and the bracket bolt that holds the light on was hitting the inside of the bumper. The sound was transmitting to the frame. I was able to isolate it pretty quick using the available tools. I would of never guessed it was the lights but it was and it's resolved.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc