Front Lighting Set Up?? Opinions Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BSP10

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6x XL80 will give you 57,000 total raw lumen
4x LP6 will give you 34,400 total raw lumen
5x LP6 will give you 43,000 total raw lumen

The LP6 also have the back-light feature as well as the side lighting (which is not accounted for in the lumen above, that's an additional 1700 raw lumen per LP6 for the side lighting)

Is their an advantage 1 way or the other from a functional/driving standpoint? Or does it just come down to aesthetic preference and raw lumens? Thanks for you feedback by the way.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So here is our demo truck
Oh.
My.
GOD.

did you apply tire shine?

If it's dusty the amber should be on, as the white will blind you.

Good point to bring up.

Is their an advantage 1 way or the other from a functional/driving standpoint? Or does it just come down to aesthetic preference and raw lumens? Thanks for you feedback by the way.

The side throw of the LP series is an added benefit. I’d put them outboard and supplement with inboard XL80’s possibly. Not really my cup of tea because I want to maintain my front camera usage, but not that I haven’t thought of it.

LP will direct light to the sides, where combo lenses will disperse the light being thrown forward.
Where do you need the light the most? Probably most of us aren’t pushing the truck hard enough in the dark to need laser lighting. NOT that I don’t want it, but honestly for my purposes off road I need more light up close and mid range.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh.
My.
GOD.

Good point to bring up.

The side throw of the LP series is an added benefit. I’d put them outboard and supplement with inboard XL80’s possibly. Not really my cup of tea because I want to maintain my front camera usage, but not that I haven’t thought of it.

LP will direct light to the sides, where combo lenses will disperse the light being thrown forward.
Where do you need the light the most? Probably most of us aren’t pushing the truck hard enough in the dark to need laser lighting. NOT that I don’t want it, but honestly for my purposes off road I need more light up close and mid range.

I kept my front camera with Swarfworks. The LP9’s are fantastic at close and midrange and the XL80’s give me very good spread for cornering. I’ve been using both ambers and white lights. My ambers I have aimed a little more open due to the camera relocation but because it gives a little more spread.

As noted above, SAE fog lights don’t add much to Morimoto. However, my S1’s do. I’m very happy with the S1’s in the pocket there.

EF1BD4FC-D5A5-4FE5-99AE-52A4A45992A4.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh.
My.
GOD.

In that photo, I don't think it had been washed in a month or so.

LP Series have that side lighting which is nice. They light up the sides really well, at least the outer most ones do. The inner LP series get blocked by the outer ones for the side lighting BUT they still clear them a little bit.

So the side lighting is nice as supplemental light on the trails.

The XL Series will be whatever pattern you want. You can mix/match them and get some wide cornering and spots though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I kept my front camera with Swarfworks. The LP9’s are fantastic at close and midrange and the XL80’s give me very good spread for cornering. I’ve been using both ambers and white lights. My ambers I have aimed a little more open due to the camera relocation but because it gives a little more spread.

You’re killing me here.

I have zero need for this setup. None.

I want them anyway.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re killing me here.

I have zero need for this setup. None.

I want them anyway.

You find a need after you get the setup. I purposefully do night trails now and wait for the sun to go down just so I can use them. I plowed through an iced over forest trail at four in the morning trying to get stuck so I can use the winch. I’ve been pulling trees off of trails everywhere I can. I can’t wait for my laser lights to come in but Baja designs sent them to ORA Texas before me. Twenty minutes from their warehouse. So anxious....

My first night out I lit up a scene where a 60 foot diesel pusher was stuck sideways in soft sand (Driver was delivering it and didn’t know how to drive it) with only two lights. Awesome and amazing is an understatement.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I added 4 LP 6's to my ADD Raceline. Super happy with out hit turned out. I also added Swarfworks relocation bracket for the front camera, because without it, all you see is the back side of those big honkin lights. IMG_8553.jpg IMG_8712.jpg IMG_7496.JPEG

OP
OP
BSP10

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score