Front License Plate Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like one of our vendors would make a Raptor worthy plate mount that attaches to the tow hook. Seems like a low cost, high volume item that they could charge a Raptor tax on.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like one of our vendors would make a Raptor worthy plate mount that attaches to the tow hook. Seems like a low cost, high volume item that they could charge a Raptor tax on.
Agreed, the swarfworks looks much nicer than I could possibly make in my garage with a workbench, vise, drill, and mallet. But @ $119.00 MSRP, really!?

I was planning on going without one and taking my chances with the po-po. Over ~25 years I got a ticket twice, both events involved a ticket for something other than plate, they just tacked it on as good ***** servants. Regardless charges were dropped for both since I showed up to the annex with a plate attached by Velcro tape. They only viewed it from 20-60 yards away and checked off some box on form # JNV - 323891- rev46a and essentially tore up the ticket for the missing plate.

However when I showed up to pick up my truck last Halloween the dealership in the small town (I had a hard time with local upsellers) already had it attached, never even asked if I wanted the holes drilled. The last 8 cars/trucks I've bought they asked. Oh well, it is not that big of a deal having one, it is the location in front of the IC that bugs me most.

Last edited:

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, the swarfworks looks much nicer than I could possibly make in my garage with a workbench, vise, drill, and mallet. But @ $119.00 MSRP, really!?

I was planning on going without one and taking my chances with the po-po. Over ~25 years I got a ticket twice, both events involved a ticket for something other than plate, they just tacked it on as good ***** servants. Regardless charges were dropped for both since I showed up to the annex with a plate attached by Velcro tape. They only viewed it from 20-60 yards away and checked off some box on form # JNV - 323891- rev46a and essentially tore up the ticket for the missing plate.

However when I showed up to pick up my truck last Halloween the dealership in the small town (I had a hard time with local upsellers) already had it attached, never even asked if I wanted the holes drilled. The last 8 cars/trucks I've bought they asked. Oh well, it is not that big of a deal having one, it is the location in front of the IC that bugs me most.
Coming back from the Valley I was pulled over in small town (Alice) as police seen I had no front plate on. He gave me a warning. He said the main reason he stopped me is that most stolen trucks are missing a plate or both and they running to the border.....and this sure is a nice truck! Nice guy actually. Funny thing is I have to go through the border check station each trip back and they never say a damn thing about no plate. (Must be bigger issues..heh)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up swarfworks front plate mount...best I have found...I hate front plates but my area has gotten worse over the years, tired of dealing with it. Mounts to the front tow hook and is built like a tank.

^^ This.
Although I still need to install when I get back from vacation.