Front License Plate Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck came with the front plates stored under the back seats, and the dealer had to install it.

In Texas, most dealers will wait until they sell the vehicle. Even though the front plate is a state law, they will leave it off if you ask.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

That's what I did. Went a year before I got pulled over for it. Ran it for several months, then took it off. Haven't been stopped again, tho I've passed quite a few patrollers.

I have not had them on my trucks for 20 years in Texas. I was pulled over once on Hwy 290 between Austin and Houston about 10 years ago. He let me off with a warning and I never installed it. :smile:

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Texas, most dealers will wait until they sell the vehicle. Even though the front plate is a state law, they will leave it off if you ask.
True in my experience.

I drove a 2005 Mustang for 5 years, got a ticket ONCE for no front plate but was pulled over for doing 85mph in an 80mph zone...grrr.

Then I drove a 2010 335i without a front license plate for 6 years, no issues. Been running my Rubicon for another 28 months with no front plate, no problems from LEO.

On the raptor the holes to mount it are pre-drilled so it is not as cosmetically pleasing as the other three vehicles listed above which require holes in plastic bumper covers. But I'll ask the dealer to leave the bracket and screw in the console :biggrin:

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True in my experience.

I drove a 2005 Mustang for 5 years, got a ticket ONCE for no front plate but was pulled over for doing 85mph in an 80mph zone...grrr.

Then I drove a 2010 335i without a front license plate for 6 years, no issues. Been running my Rubicon for another 28 months with no front plate, no problems from LEO.

On the raptor the holes to mount it are pre-drilled so it is not as cosmetically pleasing as the other three vehicles listed above which require holes in plastic bumper covers. But I'll ask the dealer to leave the bracket and screw in the console :biggrin:

I never run one either and asked my dealer not to install. Although there are predrilled holes there, I can imagine the dealer install of the rivets and then subsequent removal of the bracket would possibly enlarge the holes and you might end up with scratches as well.

nick71692

Reaction score
Look up swarfworks front plate mount...best I have found...I hate front plates but my area has gotten worse over the years, tired of dealing with it. Mounts to the front tow hook and is built like a tank.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look like shit on the front of the truck. Same as above. Just dont put it on. Put in from window if fell the need. i had mine there for a while till a state trooper told me it one in that spot decapitated someone last year. Now it is under my seat if needed. :)

OP
OP
J

JLP83

Reaction score
Look up swarfworks front plate mount...best I have found...I hate front plates but my area has gotten worse over the years, tired of dealing with it. Mounts to the front tow hook and is built like a tank.

Thanks for the suggestion

BowesEsq

Reaction score
Just got my 3rd (and presumably final) warning from TX DPS. Never pulled over just for that (last was 101 in 75), but they always look regardless of the cause. I honestly removed it because of garage clearance. The removable one linked by @wipit will do the trick for me I think . . . install for long road trips and have available during commute.

BowesEsq

Reaction score
They look like shit on the front of the truck. Same as above. Just dont put it on. Put in from window if fell the need. i had mine there for a while till a state trooper told me it one in that spot decapitated someone last year. Now it is under my seat if needed. :)

Per my TX DPS encounters, having it on your dash doesn't satisfy the law. May satisfy the officer though.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t like how plate blocks intercooler so that’s why I’m waiting for COBB to release asscessport for 2019 and instal COBB intercooler... it sits way above the plate.

Don’t give cops a reason to get pullover. Most of the time they won’t issue a ticket but they got reason to stop u and look for something else.

When u park in the public places u are more exposed for city citations.. easy ticket for them

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bent a chunk of stainless to mount plate to. It sits on the bumper at the frame on left hand side. Minimal air moving there. Tapped a couple holes and its there