front camera on 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a purpose the front camera will serve on the 2012 if it isn't gonna be offroaded very much. The rear camera comes in the luxury package and it is a 525 option for front and rear cameras. So you are really paying 525 for front camera if you got the luxury package. Do you think it would be worth the money?

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trailer brake controller in NOW standard with Lux Pkg 55L
(and if you order Lux pkg WITHOUT NAV, they rear camera is included)

If you choose to order a 2012 raptor WITHOUT Lux Pkg, then you can still order 61R raptor plus pkg. BUT ONLY without Lux Pkg

61R Raptor Plus pkg =
Rear camera
Trl braker controller

Are you getting the Luxury Package? If so, you must get FR/RR Camera option to even get a rear camera. If you are not getting the Lux Pack, then you must get the Plus Package for the rear camera.

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk why people buy either....
if you need a camera to park a truck then...... eh **** it....
Enjoy the truck! :)

tdusseau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front or rear view. On my side of the garage either option would be a god send. When you have less then 12" to share between the back wall and the garage door, then this is great.

Todd

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never needed a back-up camera to park my H2, Bentley, or my Mercedes but it's been a nice little feature just to "double check"

masmole

Reaction score
Yes, the rear camera is a must-have for towing and useful for parking. And personally, I can definitely find the front camera useful for parking as well. I live and work in a big city and have to maneuver in tight parking garages and will often have to shoe-horn a vehicle as big as the Raptor into small spaces, not to mention parallel park it sometimes. The Raptor is probably not the ideal vehicle for a city dweller like myself, but I love it enough that I will likely buy one regardless and make a go of it :)

Oh, and hi all. First post! Doing some research on this truck and glad I found this forum. Seems like a great community and resource that you all have here.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
masmole said:
Yes, the rear camera is a must-have for towing and useful for parking. And personally, I can definitely find the front camera useful for parking as well. I live and work in a big city and have to maneuver in tight parking garages and will often have to shoe-horn a vehicle as big as the Raptor into small spaces, not to mention parallel park it sometimes. The Raptor is probably not the ideal vehicle for a city dweller like myself, but I love it enough that I will likely buy one regardless and make a go of it :)

Oh, and hi all. First post! Doing some research on this truck and glad I found this forum. Seems like a great community and resource that you all have here.

Welcome!!