FOX Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing the same thing. Im at 42k and paranoid after reading all these threads. Most of mine is highway. $5k for 3.0's just seems a little much. But at over $2k for a set of new stockers almost makes me want to put the 3.0's on. Any thoughts from you daily driver guys on best path for your money?

Matt C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of just buying a spare used set, rebuilding them, and then swapping them out with mine once the ones on there now are toast. Rebuild those, and have them ready for the next swap.

woutvc

Reaction score
That's what I did. Bought a 3.0 set will rebuild my current stock Fox set so I have a spare one on hand :)

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good read. Thanks for the information. There's a NASCAR, car building shop nearby and I'm thinking of asking if he'd rebuild them for me when the time comes. I know he works on the car shocks.

dsroka80503

Reaction score
Is this standard maintenance or were they acting up? Mine just turned 60K and I don't notice anything wrong with the ride but haven't had it long enough to know. A buddy of mine here with a Toyota says those need to be rebuilt every 50K, but mine aren't leaking. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Taube2013

Taube2013

Reaction score
shock rebuild update

Just got back from the GLRE Phoenix open event shocks performed like new
. Will hit the dunes next 1st off road trip went good money well spent. Thanks Taube2013

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Is this standard maintenance or were they acting up? Mine just turned 60K and I don't notice anything wrong with the ride but haven't had it long enough to know. A buddy of mine here with a Toyota says those need to be rebuilt every 50K, but mine aren't leaking. Thoughts?

You should probably rebuild them before they start leaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk