Fox Racing aftermarket Live valve from Gen 2 to Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shock mounts to the axle for both so motion ratio is more or less the same. Motion ratio controls shock speed, shock speed and damping tune determines fluid pressure in the shock. What I would be most concerned about with a gen 2 rear shock on a gen 3 is it topping out as a result of being designed for less travel. It would only blow out on compression if you subject it to higher shock speeds than what it sees on the gen 2. That’s entirely possible since links tend to be more active over chattery terrain I guess.

I see what you are saying, but we really don’t know if the extra travel is up travel, down travel, or a little of each. So it may be compression that could cause accelerated wear of it has more up travel.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the gen 2 rear shocks being shorter they would decrease down travel on the gen 3 but no impact on up travel since that’s just set by spring rate. Similar effect to adding a massive preload spacer on the spring but without gaining any up travel. I definitely would not want to jump a gen 3 with gen 2 rear shocks without strapping it. I can see durability for both compression and rebound being compromised. Definitely would not switch away from the stock rear shocks until something purpose built comes around.