Fox Racing aftermarket Live valve from Gen 2 to Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to fox today and they confirmed the gen2 race series will work on the gen3, just the valving isn’t going to be perfect and you’ll lose a little travel, but nothing that would be noticeable like Neo said.

They also said their Gen3 version won’t be out until likely end of this year.

With that being said, I’m buying a set of Gen2 and I’ll sell them when the Gen3 version comes out….if I can’t find a way to get a 2024 Raptor R somehow.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the time comes for those of you who bought Gen 2 Race series live valves, contact me first as I'm sure I'll be buying at that time,

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to fox today and they confirmed the gen2 race series will work on the gen3, just the valving isn’t going to be perfect and you’ll lose a little travel, but nothing that would be noticeable like Neo said.

They also said their Gen3 version won’t be out until likely end of this year.

With that being said, I’m buying a set of Gen2 and I’ll sell them when the Gen3 version comes out….if I can’t find a way to get a 2024 Raptor R somehow.
Do you know if there will be a 35 and 37 version or will it be one size fits all?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i heard from Swarfworks the rears will blow much more easily because they take more force due to the 5 linked rear. he blew his rears really quick

JTN

Reaction score
I wonder if rear bump stops would help if there is a concern about blowing out.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if rear bump stops would help if there is a concern about blowing out.
Probably not as it would be the extra force (leverage) that the 5 link places on the shocks. They need to be stronger to help damping the extra leverage.

Kind of like using a short screw driver vs a long one to pry something open. Obviously the long screw driver creates exponentially more force, same concepts with the 5 link vs leaf springs based on what Fordperf Addict said.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shock mounts to the axle for both so motion ratio is more or less the same. Motion ratio controls shock speed, shock speed and damping tune determines fluid pressure in the shock. What I would be most concerned about with a gen 2 rear shock on a gen 3 is it topping out as a result of being designed for less travel. It would only blow out on compression if you subject it to higher shock speeds than what it sees on the gen 2. That’s entirely possible since links tend to be more active over chattery terrain I guess.