Found a 2014 SVT with 21,000 miles Unicorn!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just purchased a new to me 2014 Raptor SVT from CarMax. I've been looking for one for the last few years but with the introduction of the 3.5 Ecoboost, I gave up for awhile. I wanted the 6.2L V8 SVT crew cab. Since I would have to get used for that package, low miles was a must.

On a whim, I checked their website and this one popped up. A blue 2014 Raptor SVT with only 22,100 miles. I put it on hold on a Thursday, applied for financing and picked it up the following Tuesday. I was able to trade in my 2011 Cadillac Escalade for a bit more than I thought it was worth. Even though the Raptor was listed at more than I wanted, considering the insane market for vehicles the last year, I went ahead and made the purchase. Sticker was $60,000 and my trade-in was $18,200. Not the greatest deal, but still okay.

When I went to go pick it up and test drive, I went all through the truck with a fine tooth comb. Absolutely no wear and tear on the interior, other than a few creases on the drivers seat. The area between the bed and body showed no signs of contact, the underside had no scuffs or scratches that I could see from off-roading. The shocks were still firm. The engine bay was immaculate and showed no signs of oil leaks. The paint has no scratches whatsoever. I believe this truck was some guy's toy that was a status symbol for him. I doubt he even took it off road. He took absolutely great care of it and either kept it in the garage or under a car cover.

When I was inside getting the paperwork squared away, the truck was parked up front and the vultures were circling. I overheard 3 people telling the greeter up front that they wanted to buy the Blue Raptor. My close friend is a salesman at the same CarMax and he told me there was a steady stream of people coming to specifically buy that Raptor.

I don't want to get too crazy with mods yet. I do want a cold air intake soon and am considering upgrading the exhaust. It will need new tires soon since these look like the original set from the factory. This as a daily driver so I need a good mix of off-road and highway, am leaning towards BF Goodrich Long Trails.

I've been driving this for two weeks now and I am thoroughly pleased. The get up and go is a bit better than my Escalade that had the GM 6.2L V8 and all-wheel drive. The $60k price tag is easier to stomach now that I know this is a fun truck to drive. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

Attachments

• 20210917_193351.jpg
    20210917_193351.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210914_181325.jpg
    20210914_181325.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210914_181300.jpg
    20210914_181300.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210914_173206.jpg
    20210914_173206.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 72

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st,:welcome:to the site....its been amazing for me with all the help,people I've meet and questions answered.
YEAH...!:pepper: Your gonna love it..!! Bought my 2014 several years back,similar situation,low miles,owner only used for daily 50 mile round trip to his office....Only difference is you got to test drive yours....I bought mine sight unseen (just emailed photos) and never drove it...I totally trusted the seller and when it arrived on car carrier I thought I'd bought a BRAND NEW vehicle.Doing mods is a personal choice,and being new to the site you will see opinions are all over the place.I decided to keep mine totally stock,from Shelby(think it will hold value better)except for a a bed cover and Rigid lights in the bumper.Not that I will EVER sell it (best damn truck I ever owned)...but when I die and they pry my cold hands off the steering wheel,whoever I leave it to might want to..LOL
As far as your purchase price,I've not kept up on prices,but WOW....they sure went up from when I bought and my heirs are looking at a nice profit...:patriot:

Last edited:
OP
OP
wjoutlaw

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the fuse 27 relocation kit and will be getting that done asap. Also got a set of window vents and an underseat lockbox for the driver side rear seat. Next month I'll look into the K&K cold air intake.

In my Escalade I did an interior trim vinyl wrap to cover the atrocious fake wood and it came out really nice. I think I'm going to do the same with the Raptor.

OP
OP
wjoutlaw

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st,:welcome:to the site....its been amazing for me with all the help,people I've meet and questions answered.
YEAH...!:pepper: Your gonna love it..!! Bought my 2014 several years back,similar situation,low miles,owner only used for daily 50 mile round trip to his office....Only difference is you got to test drive yours....I bought mine sight unseen (just emailed photos) and never drove it...I totally trusted the seller and when it arrived on car carrier I thought I'd bought a BRAND NEW vehicle.Doing mods is a personal choice,and being new to the site you will see opinions are all over the place.I decided to keep mine totally stock,from Shelby(think it will hold value better)except for a a bed cover and Rigid lights in the bumper.Not that I will EVER sell it (best damn truck I ever owned)...but when I die and they pry my cold hands off the steering wheel,whoever I leave it to might want to..LOL
As far as your purchase price,I've not kept up on prices,but WOW....they sure went up from when I bought and my heirs are looking at a nice profit...:patriot:
Making a profit is a good thing but that isn't really my goal. I have wanted a Raptor since they first came out and couldn't really justify the purchase.

For some reason, the Escalade was riding really rough and I couldn't nail down the issue. Even took it to the dealership to diagnose and they said the suspension was working as designed. It had air bags in the rear and magnetic suspension in the front. It sat on 22" rims and the sidewall in the tires had no space to flex and absorb bumps.

I even searched for a fix on the Tahoe/Escalade/Suburban forums and found that it was a common complaint with the 2011 Escalade with the 22" rims. I am a disabled vet with lots of back/hip/knee issues from being a Paratrooper for several years. The Escalade was killing me.

After having this Raptor for the last few weeks, it is a night and day difference. It rides so much smoother and is way more comfortable to drive. I am still making some minor tweaks to the driver seat as I settle in but I absolutely love this truck. I will never get rid of it and do everything in my power to keep this running till I'm on my deathbed!

OP
OP
wjoutlaw

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like $60k was a reasonable price for a Gen 1 SVT with the 6.2L V8 and extremely low miles. The truck is barely broken in. The previous owner babied this truck, looks like it never saw a dirt road let alone going off road. He probably only drove it to the store and back on the weekends then kept it in the garage the rest of the time. When you account for inflation from 2014 to 2021 is 15%, the $53k it cost new would be $62k today. Inflation is about to get a whole lot worse in the next few years.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like $60k was a reasonable price for a Gen 1 SVT with the 6.2L V8 and extremely low miles. The truck is barely broken in. The previous owner babied this truck, looks like it never saw a dirt road let alone going off road. He probably only drove it to the store and back on the weekends then kept it in the garage the rest of the time. When you account for inflation from 2014 to 2021 is 15%, the $53k it cost new would be $62k today. Inflation is about to get a whole lot worse in the next few years.
Nice truck for sure, I saw another truck just like this one on autotrader for around the same price. Congrats!!