Forscan won't connect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVGH

Reaction score
Trying to use Forscan for the first time. Laptop is up to date, Forscan version is 2.3.46. Using the ELMconfig OBD2 reader (see attached photo). Plugged everything in, Forscan doesn't recognize that anything is connected. Plugged the reader in several times (firmly), tried rebooting the computer, plugging the USB cable in several times, ignition on, off, many different tries. I notice this reader fits very tightly against the lower dash, but seems to allow the plug to be inserted.

Help! Thanks

Attachments

• forscan.jpg
    forscan.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 2

BiggerBrick

Reaction score
Trying to use Forscan for the first time. Laptop is up to date, Forscan version is 2.3.46. Using the ELMconfig OBD2 reader (see attached photo). Plugged everything in, Forscan doesn't recognize that anything is connected. Plugged the reader in several times (firmly), tried rebooting the computer, plugging the USB cable in several times, ignition on, off, many different tries. I notice this reader fits very tightly against the lower dash, but seems to allow the plug to be inserted.

Help! Thanks
I had the same issue, initially. Did you install the drivers? That was my issue…try making sure they are installed correctly - hopefully that’s all it is.

Blkshp18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same plug. I had a hard time with it too, but I finally got it to work. I could help you out if you’re in So-Cal