Forscan to add R Mode & Trail Turn Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone asked the "dealer" if this is possible? I am waiting for a rain sensor to arrive at my dealer. If it gets here soonest, I will ask.
I had mine in last week for the service bulletin to re-program the Pro-Power fan, and asked them about swapping it out, and they didn't know anything about it. I gave them info from the forum about part number and forscan programming, but they were not familiar with it. Not too surprising since it is a MY2022 feature, probably haven't seem much of it.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone asked the "dealer" if this is possible? I am waiting for a rain sensor to arrive at my dealer. If it gets here soonest, I will ask.
Dumb question, but are your rain sensing wipers not working? It may be that Ford forgot to activate it in the coding... there is a thread on this. Mine aren't either, but haven't had time to check coding in Forscan, but others have modified the setting to get them to work. It was turned off in one area apparently.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but are your rain sensing wipers not working? It may be that Ford forgot to activate it in the coding... there is a thread on this. Mine aren't either, but haven't had time to check coding in Forscan, but others have modified the setting to get them to work. It was turned off in one area apparently.
....I don't think that is the problem but I will check it out. Here is what went down. Rain sense working. I used Forscan, first to backup every module it found, second, mod for adaptive headlights (worked awesome!) but rain sense now is gone. Coincidence? Did I flip something I didn't mean to? Flash every module I touched back to "as built".....still no rain sense and no adaptive headlights

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck doesn’t ask me if I want the previous when I start up? Is that a setting somewhere?
I have only seen when selecting Sport Mode (nothing else). Next time I start truck it asks if I want to keep it in that mode.
This has happened in Sport, slippery and towing modes for me. The one problem is if you don't answer the yes or no fairly quickly, the answers disappear quickly and go back to normal drive mode. Still not a replacement for the "My Mode" button.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
All right guys - got my new steering wheel keypad from the dealer yesterday. Anyone got a write up for installing it?

Also, @Antho I'm welcome to be your guinea pig if you still haven't received your part yet.

@topgun964 have you made anymore progress on getting the My Mode button to work?

LennyMoe

Reaction score
No luck as of yet. Sorta hit a wall
You have any tips for installing the button? Probably have to remove the airbag, then the plastic housing, then it should be whatever electrical connections and 4 screws, correct?

topgun964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have any tips for installing the button? Probably have to remove the airbag, then the plastic housing, then it should be whatever electrical connections and 4 screws, correct?
I would suggest disconnecting the battery. I never like playing with a live airbag.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All right guys - got my new steering wheel keypad from the dealer yesterday. Anyone got a write up for installing it?

Also, @Antho I'm welcome to be your guinea pig if you still haven't received your part yet.

@topgun964 have you made anymore progress on getting the My Mode button to work?

My switch order was canceled by ford. Guess they are on back order again...