Forscan Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORScan can control the DRL's. However, right now they have only figured out how to have both the LED headlights and orange LED's on in auto but they believe there is a way to get that. Hopefully they will soon... I know that it took months with multiple people and hours working together to finally figure out how to get the global window and auto mirror codes determined.

I know for a fact, if that is an option, there would be a lot of us that would want it!

I'd roll with full DTL and Orange LED's for the time being. Have a direct link to this code change by chance? :biggrin:

Brandon1107

Reaction score
I too read the entire thread on the f150 forum. 625 pages!!! OBD comes in later today. Let the mods begin!

Thanks For Sharing This
B

I sent Livnitup my VIN to add to his database for research. If anyone wants to start testing our trucks for other features let me know, I'll help. I'm going to start digging into mine soon. I specifically want easy entry to move the steering wheel and seat at the same time like all my other fords have in the past.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Can Forscan keep the last driving mode after restart do it doesn't default back to normal?

Not yet but it is being researched.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Do we know if this voids the warranty? I see in the linked thread we have to save the factory settings one by one in the FORscan. Is there no way for me to convert to factory settings from the dash? So for example: I take the truck to get worked on at the dealer, can I just select reset to factory settings from the dash or something?

From what I've read thousands of owners across numerous models have used forscan and I have yet to find one warranty issue. FWIW

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I think that would work perfectly, pretty basic programming for Forscan

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I added the heated seats icon to my display and it took away the heated steering wheel icon. Sucks

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Boom got it back. Thanks for the tip @Jetsco

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the PowerPoint timeout setting does? Is this how long the power outlets stay on after turning off the truck?

Jetsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the PowerPoint timeout setting does? Is this how long the power outlets stay on after turning off the truck?
At this time, I believe it's only for the 12v outlet and not the 120.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my OBD2 Adapter ... Registered on the Forum ... Figured out how to get the license ... Now I just need time to play.

Will give some fun things a shot tomorrow!

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a dumb question, does the truck have the heated wheel and just need the icon to work it or do you need to buy another wheel and install it?

Different wheel for Heat optioned trucks than the wheel for Non-Heat optioned.

Your truck would need to have at least the following:
802A
Heated Steering Wheel Module (HSWM)...Drivers side, under the dash
High series heated steering wheel