Forget about 37’s on a 35 truck , Who is going to be the first to stuff 39‘s on a 37 truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This prompted me to look at the ridge grappler 38x12.50. Measures 37.76”. Wonder if they will fit my rig without lifting the front or trimming?

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone put them on already. Front was good but some minor rubbing in rear. Said swapped them back out because spare would not fit.
If that’s not a deal breaker then do it. You can always get a chase rack, found it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
no joke. especially considering raptor is on half-ton running gear.
Or go offroading.
I offroad the hell out of my Gen 2 with 39's. Works flawlessly. And I'm generally one of the only few of us who doesn't get stuck during our NorCal Raptor Runs events. I won't get the Gen 3, and I'll wait for the R, but I'll do the same with that one as well. 39's are awesome.

8rrPlsY.jpg

OP
OP
06z

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I offroad the hell out of my Gen 2 with 39's. Works flawlessly. And I'm generally one of the only few of us who doesn't get stuck during our NorCal Raptor Runs events. I won't get the Gen 3, and I'll wait for the R, but I'll do the same with that one as well. 39's are awesome.
Do you have front fender liners?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Serious question..

35s 37s 39s...

At some point, you just want fair gas mileage and a quiet ride. How short do you need to be to need 39s?

And just what the **** are you driving over with 39s?

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serious question..

35s 37s 39s...

At some point, you just want fair gas mileage and a quiet ride. How short do you need to be to need 39s?

At no point in owning my Raptor have I wanted fair gas mileage or a quiet ride. If I did, I wouldn't have bought a Raptor. A Ranger would be much better on the street if that's what you want.

I don't get the short comment regarding tire size. It also isn't large items that you drive over. As tires get bigger, you stay on top of more stuff while at speed, smoothing out your ride. You also get more traction, especially when aired down. You also get a little extra suspension since sidewall is the first piece of suspension (he isn't running 20" wheels). It isn't about *needing* 39s. It's about making your truck perform better, off-road, at speed; edging a Raptor more to the off-road side than the compromised street vs. off-road truck it comes from the factory.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about gas mileage as much as a more quiet ride.

Honestly, I could care less about any of that. When you start putting on bigger items, there is also worse gas mileage and **** breaks faster.

I do like that you get more traction when airing down! And if I need to drive over a 1992 Honda Civic, I guess I'll grab a set of 39s.

Reaction score
Do you have front fender liners?
No, but I have my upper pinch welds trimmed pretty well. Currently, my lower pinch weld area is trimmed and hammered back, but in about a week the lower pinch weld area is actually going to be cut into the firewall and replated for a little more clearance. It clears now, but every now and then I'll feel just a little bit. So I'm just going to take it a step further and get a little more clearance than what's probably required.
Serious question..

35s 37s 39s...

I don't really understand your short comment. If it's referring to my height, I'm 6'1". It's not a masculinity thing. The 39's just perform better offroad, ride better, and overall look cooler. They're also not loud as you would assume. The KM3 is one of the best (if not the best) performing mud terrain tire with great road manners, and is rather quiet. I also run a large Raptor/offroad group and offroad a few hundred miles a month, if not more. So, I really enjoy the performance and feeling from them, vs even just 37's, which I've used for years.

If you were referring to the height/ratio of my gears, I'm on 5.13 Yukons. They're just about perfect for a 39x13.50r17 KM3, as they run just about .4-.5 shorter than a true 39" tire. My RPMs went up about 300~, which to me was negligible. I put an obnoxious AFE Rebel side exit exhaust on the truck because of the ADD frame cut rear, but that's my own doing and I like it. So, they're not really that loud, don't perform bad on the road, and my combined milage is 13.1 MPG. I'm on Stage 2 from GooseTuned/COBB, and I know guys who get 11~ MPG on 37's with stock gears and a Stage 1 tune.

It's pretty good where it's at, and I really don't have issues with it. I also don't care at all about MPG or sound. I just like having fun offroad and it's great at that. Jondle was pretty spot on with his comment in terms of reasoning, and they tuck perfectly with the +4's on jumps as well.

B422413F-4D02-47C6-AF57-118FADDCEC0C.JPG

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 336007
This is awesome