Ford told Dealer NO Admin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This. This car already has a mixed public reception. Electric cars do not sell well. They aren’t going to let dealer greed get in the path of their new vehicles and their major marketing push. They want this thing out on the roads. Look at what happened with Cadillac’s “premium” EV offering.
Couldn’t agree more. Other than in Ca where it seems every other damn car on the road is a Tesla, I’m not sure how popular this will be once the initial buzz passes.

I think the car has great potential. I actually like the design, and think it is probably the future. I’m an old crank who doesn’t care much for change, my preference will always be for internal combustion engines. (Electric can’t replicate the sound, or smell of a well tuned, no cat gas car.)

But I’m a realist, and 15 years from now I think there will be as many or more electric cars as there are gas.

My real issue with the whole Mach-E thing is they put he Mustang name on an SUV. Total crap, trying to use the name to jump start an electric movement. Call it Mach-E, fine. Make an electric pony car, fine. But don’t make an SUV and call it a Mustang. Feels like total disrespect for the history of he car.

Sorry about the old man rant...back to the ADM discussion. [emoji1308]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will take 15 years...by then it may be hard to find gas to buy under $15.00 a gallon the way things are going.
You may be right. The biggest hurdle is always going to be charging times. If they speed that up, or figure a battery swap, it’s all over sooner than later.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My real issue with the whole Mach-E thing is they put he Mustang name on an SUV. Total crap, trying to use the name to jump start an electric movement. Call it Mach-E, fine. Make an electric pony car, fine. But don’t make an SUV and call it a Mustang. Feels like total disrespect for the history of he car.

I think they did that because Mustang is going to become it's own brand similar to the Bronco having multiple variants under it. Not that I agree, but probably a way for them to justify keeping the Mustang alive as car sales are declining compared to SUV/Trucks.

As for ADM, I don't think Ford can really do anything about it. Dealers are basically their own entity and have lobbied to be that way so Ford corporate has no say on what they sell it for. Even if they could, the dealer would find a way around it. Similar to when FCA tried that with the Demon and dealers would just "buy" it and then sell it as used with a markup. Only way to stop is if people to stop paying it unfortunately

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they did that because Mustang is going to become it's own brand similar to the Bronco having multiple variants under it. Not that I agree, but probably a way for them to justify keeping the Mustang alive as car sales are declining compared to SUV/Trucks.

Interesting, never thought of that. Not sure how I feel about that.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. Other than in Ca where it seems every other damn car on the road is a Tesla, I’m not sure how popular this will be once the initial buzz passes.

I think the car has great potential. I actually like the design, and think it is probably the future. I’m an old crank who doesn’t care much for change, my preference will always be for internal combustion engines. (Electric can’t replicate the sound, or smell of a well tuned, no cat gas car.)

But I’m a realist, and 15 years from now I think there will be as many or more electric cars as there are gas.

Sorry about the old man rant...back to the ADM discussion. [emoji1308]

To quote OutKast: “Don’t everybody like the smell of gasoline...”

Something to be said for the smell. Don’t make them like they used to unfortunately.