Ford to Continue U.S. Ranger Production "Indefinitely"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e20133ec5dc074970b-800wi.jpgFord says it will not end production of the U.S.-built Ranger pickup truck next year but instead will continue building the compact truck indefinitely and will broaden the lineup with a new engine and exciting new models.

More...

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I think a mini Raptor is a much better idea than a King Ranch version. As a long time Ranger owner, I am glad to hear that they will not kill it. It has been a great little truck.

I am a little disappointed that there do not seem to be plans to bring the global Ranger here. I would love a crew cab Ranger with a small turbo diesel in it like they can get in Australia. That is one area they made a serious screw up was to sell the Sport-Trac instead of a crew cab Ranger. Sport Trac was too expensive and didn't offer the same capability (esp off-road) as the Ranger. Sales of the Sport-Trac have been very sluggish and they are canceling it when the new 2011 Explorer comes out.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is an April Fools article fellas. I didn't realize it either until I read the last line of the article.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bad Bot!

Actually this reminds me of an April Fools joke we pulled over at LXForums; we did this huge announcement that the Magnum had been canceled by Dodge. People FREAKED out... the bummer part was that not soon after, the Magnum was canceled. Talk about foreshadowing!

I read this article going, "Ya know... that's not a bad idea... " An SVT flavored Ranger? That would be kinda sweet, me thinks....