Ford Raptor Gen 3 Vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did anyone notice that the calendar had February 18th circled, in the beginning of the vid?

And at 1:59...mah heart. Mah sole.

FFCJ

Reaction score
Meh.....

Underwhelmed summed it up perfectly in previous posts. Keep my '19 until a V8 is out a few years or just love my weight balance and MPG.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty bummed they didn’t make it a power boost. Interested to see how much the power inverter for the bed will cost. But honestly, still pretty pleased with my Gen 2 and likely won’t upgrade until the Raptor R comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MetalDaze

Reaction score
This is the best case scenario right? Keep the gen 2 folks happy with their trucks while offering new people a slightly refined version.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For resale value the 37s make more sense. The offroad guys will choose them exclusively. The mall crawlers will want the status. So the majority of buyers will opt for the 37s. Even if you don't want to run 37s all the time, you can always put 35s on the 37 package easily, but not the other way around.
I can’t wait for the 100’s of posts for how to fit 40’s on my new Raptor

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get the impression it’s a lil more understated than TRX hype b/c the Raptor team is almost flexing “this ain’t our first Baja rodeo boys relax a bit, hold my beer, & wait til ya see what a REAL offroad truck w/ a blown V8 will do for ya”

I don’t need to know the exact specs to know that, based on that TFL drag race vid, a stock gen 3 powerboost raptor probably be damn close to a stock TRX straight line acceleration, & a tuned PB gen3 would probably put the TRX in the rear view mirror or very close to it.

mopar engineers always forget to deal w/ weight....

the 5.2 SC gen3 tho? If a tuned gen2 on 37”s nearly matches a stock TRX....well shit, Ram better hope they sell the vast majority of em for this model real F’n quick or it’ll be old news weak sauce compared to the Gen3 Raptor...

I agree, look what a tuned Gen 2 did on 37’s. Sure it was E-30, but still very respectable. Ford could have beat the straight line speed of the TRX with a 3.5 H.O. PB and really embarrassed them. But I guess it’s just not the hybrids time for the Raptor platform. Ram, FCA, Stellantis, Chrysler or whatever you call this company today has always made heavy cars! The old muscle cars of yesterday were and the new car’s and trucks today. The K cars were the only thing that were paper.

I think Ford had too much on its plate, between the Gen14 F-150, Bronco program, Mach-E and then Covid shutdowns. This Raptor R may have very well been a catch-up model as Ford may have lost track of the TRX coming out or wasn’t in the plan to retaliate anytime quickly. But they had to know something or the Gen 3 may have received a coil multi link rear.

Ford left eggs in the video, told the press and marketing VP’s flat out saying the V8 R will come in a year. Almost like saying think twice about buying that TRX first.

I think Ford can safe some fave with a potent new 3.5 in the Gen 3. Likely? Not sure about that now. 50+HP and added TQ may be it and will leave big number to the R.

Modest redesign as the Gen14 also is, but some good added improvements and options if you get past the similar 3.5 A great little motor, but people want different and greatly improved in a new model.

Let me put my fingers on ice!

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I wasn't even expecting a Raptor until 2022 to begin with. A V8 for the 2022 is fine and the fact they offer a V6 version now is a great idea. I have a feeling the V6 will be just fine for most and may even do better off road. We shall see......