GEN 2 Ford Pass vehicle location during a tow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braptorin

Reaction score
My 2019 Raptor (already sync'd w/my account) is being transported cross country. I've noticed that the vehicle location feature still incorrectly names the location where I helped load it onto the auto transport even though the truck is half way across the country now. Interestingly, when I view the "vehicle location" map it seems to automatically center onto the actual location along its route... Ford Pass doesn't put a pin on the map or anything, but it is consistently updating throughout the week.

Now some questions:
  1. Does anyone know what's going on? I talked to Ford and they really didn't understand the nuanced differences here (not that hard: the truck is being transported!).
  2. Is there any official documentation about how frequently the Ford Pass vehicle location platform updates? I can't seem to figure that out. Is there a regular update cadence? Is it attempting to update in real-time when I check the app? Both? Something else?
  3. Is there a way to get the actual vehicle location lat/long (or just a pin on the map)? It turns out you have to pinch-zoom out and it's quite hard to keep the map location in place, so zooming out basically wobbles things and you can't *really* tell where the truck is. Precision isn't actually important, I'm just curious if it is possible to be more accurate.

WTFOT

Reaction score
While sitting in your truck wait for it to completely go into sleep mode. You’ll know this when you infotainment displays the logo and your actually here everything go to sleep. Open your app and hit refresh, press right under your truck logo. Watch your main display and will see it wakes and you’ll see PRNDM illuminate that go back to sleep. The telematics sends location for that point in time. If your truck is in a transport and moving, likely there is not a enough time to triangulate and give you a good location. On the other hand if you are getting nothing the transport company may have disconnected the battery, that is a typical action when transporting with some companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
Neat tip, thanks! When I get the truck back I'll give that a try. I'm sure the battery is still connected given I am getting overall results, they're just imprecise and the UI to look at them seems poor!