Ford pass in Belgium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stef700

Reaction score
Does anyone know why can't I use ford pass in Belgium, the helpdesk of ford pass is not so helpful.
They keep asking why I have a USA F150 raptor and I keep saying because I wanted one?
But I have ford pass on my iPhone and I can't activate my vehicle.
Anyone knows what I can do?
Phone says star up vehicle to continue, start up truck and nothing happens.
Thx

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I got a banner from both FodPass and Lincoln way:

“We are experiencing issues with Activation, Authentication and Reset functionality. Start, Stop, Lock and Unlock functionality may also be affected for some customers. Our team is working diligently to resolve the issue. We Apologize for any inconvenience."

I just got pushed an app update for both, and I expect we will be getting pushed another one very soon. I’d be patient and check back again once the App is updated.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your truck modem (phone) is not connected.

This. It's a modem to connect to one of the US wireless carriers. Not too surprising if it doesn't connect to a wireless network in belgium. You might be able to get a compatible modem or sim card or what have you with a local Ford dealer/rep?

OP
OP
Stef700

Stef700

Reaction score
This. It's a modem to connect to one of the US wireless carriers. Not too surprising if it doesn't connect to a wireless network in belgium. You might be able to get a compatible modem or sim card or what have you with a local Ford dealer/rep?
okay, i will check with a local dealer. I thought internet was no different here than in the US. therefore I never thought about having modem issues with wireless carriers. Thx

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite sure Fords mobile data coverage for there vehicles, will exist to all intl locations. Not to mention you have a USA sold truck in Belgium.

Seeing that tech problems banner in FordPass and the Linc app well still. Have had problems the last few days using it, but this morning it seemed to work.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite sure Fords mobile data coverage for there vehicles, will exist to all intl locations.
This is it right here. It's no different than when we still try to make international calls on our phones we get charged a "connection fee". Ford has leased this data coverage in the US but they would have to make some kind of "data deal" with foreign carriers. The connection isn't the problem it's the handling of data on a carrier's network that Ford hasn't paid a licensing agreement to.

OP
OP
Stef700

Stef700

Reaction score
This is it right here. It's no different than when we still try to make international calls on our phones we get charged a "connection fee". Ford has leased this data coverage in the US but they would have to make some kind of "data deal" with foreign carriers. The connection isn't the problem it's the handling of data on a carrier's network that Ford hasn't paid a licensing agreement to.
okay, i understand. We do have ford dealers in Belgium with other models than the US market and these cars have ford pass. today I called a local dealer and explained the issue, then it got quiet at the other end and after some silence he said: F150 Raptor, is this an original Ford vehicle? I did not know what to reply, so I asked after his boss. He said he will call me back after summer break when he has more info.
So i will wait for his answer. But like you all say it's gonna be the build in (US)modem thats not connecting to the Belgium services. Maybe the dealer can swap modems.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
okay, i understand. We do have ford dealers in Belgium with other models than the US market and these cars have ford pass. today I called a local dealer and explained the issue, then it got quiet at the other end and after some silence he said: F150 Raptor, is this an original Ford vehicle? I did not know what to reply, so I asked after his boss. He said he will call me back after summer break when he has more info.
So i will wait for his answer. But like you all say it's gonna be the build in (US)modem thats not connecting to the Belgium services. Maybe the dealer can swap modems.
If F-150’s are sold there and have FordPass working. You may be able to get a modem specific to your country/carrier etc. Otherwise it’s sounding like imported vehicles to be only used in the U.S. market will not be compatible.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hey good job getting it in the country anyway, I bet you are the kingpin now! :) Doesn't Norway have a king's daughter that likes to party a lot..... :Big Laugh: