Ford.com still 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have an IT department? I thought they farmed everything out to China and maybe the lockdowns there were causing the delay. :D

Oh, they have IT all over the world. Dearborn, India, Europe, etc. I haven't had to deal with the folks in China. I believe they did do some US based IT staff cuts last year.

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
Ford's site is built by a company called VML&Y iirc, based out of KC. Huge marketing firm. Buddy of mine worked on the mobile site and the Ford Connect app. I give him endless **** about how awful both of them are.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
and 3/4's of the people that order on here will still be waiting for a vehicle december of 2022 since ford can't seem to figure out this supply and demand thing.
No doubt considering allocations for MY22 was released in October and no new allocations released yet. The build & price is just a tool for you to se what your configuration options are. Then head to the dealer that has already placed all their allocation orders. I ordered my MY22 on Oct 8, my dealer had 11 allocations and where all accounted for in November...

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
I've been in tech for a long time, both on the GTM side, ordering, design, etc. I can't really understand Ford's current supply issue. Last year, sure. But every other auto manufacturer seems to have it figured out now, and is slowly building up and coming back on line... why the hell aren't they?

I guess it doesn't help the fab process on their chip/processors is quite old from what i recall also, so most likely they are possibly getting bumped for people on current architectures...

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in tech for a long time, both on the GTM side, ordering, design, etc. I can't really understand Ford's current supply issue. Last year, sure. But every other auto manufacturer seems to have it figured out now, and is slowly building up and coming back on line... why the hell aren't they?

I guess it doesn't help the fab process on their chip/processors is quite old from what i recall also, so most likely they are possibly getting bumped for people on current architectures...
Well …according to the forum know it all things will never get better and ADM will remain so everyone should get used to overpaying. :Big Laugh:

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
Well …according to the forum know it all things will never get better and ADM will remain so everyone should get used to overpaying. :Big Laugh:

I mean, hopefully it does get better. I also think as far as sales go, hopefully this will drive more people to "good" dealerships that don't gouge (of which I've only seen one in this area). I can't imagine ford engineers are sitting on their asses not redesigning those systems to use alternate chips/designs for those systems.