Ford.com still 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd generation Ford fanboy is probably a fair description but what kind of clown show are we presently witnessing? Pandemic, supply chain issues and labor shortages aside how do you have your website still allowing 2021 Model Year builds at this time?

You are literally delivering 2022 builds while 2021 are still in production or delivery? There is no way to actually order options and colors from 2021 anymore and yet consumers are literally funneled and prompted to do so on this site.

Clown show. . . .but Can’t wait for my MY22 Raptor to show up at an undisclosed time in the future!

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with Ford IT for years. They've got a lot of technical debt that they are avoiding. It's biting them in the rear. However I suspect this is more of Ford Marketing messing up and those supply shortages making it more challenging to assemble package offerings that Ford can actually deliver.

thomasfoxworthy

Reaction score
I've dealt with Ford IT for years. They've got a lot of technical debt that they are avoiding. It's biting them in the rear. However I suspect this is more of Ford Marketing messing up and those supply shortages making it more challenging to assemble package offerings that Ford can actually deliver.

I would love to know more about their stack if you can share! I feel like their DB’s are in Access or something lol

Tech debt always comes back to bite you in the arse at some point… why companies/orgs seem to avoid this as long as possible fascinates me.

Seems like updating their front ends to the correct model years would be not super hard? Perhaps the pr is still awaiting a final commit by a senior engineer

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd generation Ford fanboy is probably a fair description but what kind of clown show are we presently witnessing? Pandemic, supply chain issues and labor shortages aside how do you have your website still allowing 2021 Model Year builds at this time?

You are literally delivering 2022 builds while 2021 are still in production or delivery? There is no way to actually order options and colors from 2021 anymore and yet consumers are literally funneled and prompted to do so on this site.

Clown show. . . .but Can’t wait for my MY22 Raptor to show up at an undisclosed time in the future!
Yah this is a huge L for Ford.

Kind of unacceptable. They were on the ball with their lightning price & builder, but the 2022 raptor gets pushed on the backburner? What a joke.

Also, if you ask me, the original press release of the 21MY raptor like 9 months ago was an absolute joke. It was a 3 minute video with Metallica playing. That's it.

The most informative video about the raptor came out 4 months later - AND IT WASN'T EVEN THEIR OWN CHANNEL. It was an interview of a Ford engineer.

The raptor should have had its own reveal event, with proper explanation of the new features vs the gen 2. A proper 20 to 30 minute video.

If the Raptor R press release is just as bad as this, I just don't know what to say. They are shooting themselves in the foot and are too stupid to be aware of it.

DillyDally

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah this is a huge L for Ford.

Kind of unacceptable. They were on the ball with their lightning price & builder, but the 2022 raptor gets pushed on the backburner? What a joke.

Also, if you ask me, the original press release of the 21MY raptor like 9 months ago was an absolute joke. It was a 3 minute video with Metallica playing. That's it.

The most informative video about the raptor came out 4 months later - AND IT WASN'T EVEN THEIR OWN CHANNEL. It was an interview of a Ford engineer.

The raptor should have had its own reveal event, with proper explanation of the new features vs the gen 2. A proper 20 to 30 minute video.

If the Raptor R press release is just as bad as this, I just don't know what to say. They are shooting themselves in the foot and are too stupid to be aware of it.
How much do you want to bet the Raptor R is released as a concept but not actually released.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its pretty clear that this storage, and all shortages right now are all fabricated.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They have an IT department? I thought they farmed everything out to China and maybe the lockdowns there were causing the delay. :D