Ford CEO Farley Says Dealers Who Gouge Could Get Fewer Vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris51080

Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it stop.

I’ve sent my letters to Ford on the matter; explaining that if I preorder a vehicle I damn well better be in an orderly line and receive it roughly in the order I placed it. I also pointed out that their allocation process forces me to choose between getting screwed on an ADM or not being able to get a vehicle that I want.
Never got a response, not that I expected one.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just.
Order.
a TRX.

send a picture of that and your invoice to Ford. Sadly, there are all too many people, even on here willing to overpay. It’s ok. this is a temporary market and a substantial portion of the high bidders on Jen Tres trucks will take a financial bath on that ADM they’re so proud of. Now to be fair, if they flip it soon, they’ll make a tidy profit but a lot of the current shoppers are the gotta have the latest shiny thing shoppers. They’ll move on to an AMG Merc or what have you in a year or less and the trucks will be barely to gently used.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor R preorder. Paperwork emailed to me Tuesday after official Raptor R release with a $30k ADM. told them to go pound sand. Within the last 2 days every 2022 Raptor that was on sale at S Fl dealerships for $79k-$83 has been re-priced to $98k+. So much for holding out to trade in my Gen 2. In no rush to donate money to a stealership. Meanwhile if you do a dealer inventory search on Fords website the same trucks with window viewable window stickers show the same $79k-$83k MSRP. Shenanigans

Attachments

• 2B43E190-5DFC-4D1F-821C-CB31EFB7891F.png
    2B43E190-5DFC-4D1F-821C-CB31EFB7891F.png
    695.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 648448E8-6FB2-419B-B969-4ADFAEABA8F7.png
    648448E8-6FB2-419B-B969-4ADFAEABA8F7.png
    550.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 3C919C34-F6F2-42F0-882A-675233EFAC74.png
    3C919C34-F6F2-42F0-882A-675233EFAC74.png
    566.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 76B8EC65-5824-4B7F-96CF-47084F353E89.png
    76B8EC65-5824-4B7F-96CF-47084F353E89.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 11
  • D2C17926-1778-42BA-9357-0CE2E66E3BCA.png
    D2C17926-1778-42BA-9357-0CE2E66E3BCA.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Raptor R preorder. Paperwork emailed to me Tuesday after official Raptor R release with a $30k ADM. told them to go pound sand. Within the last 2 days every 2022 Raptor that was on sale at S Fl dealerships for $79k-$83 has been re-priced to $98k+. So much for holding out to trade in my Gen 2. In no rush to donate money to a stealership. Meanwhile if you do a dealer inventory search on Fords website the same trucks with window viewable window stickers show the same $79k-$83k MSRP. Shenanigans
Just go order a MSRP poverty Gen 3 and wait it out. The poverty Gen 3 is to the Gen 2 what the Gen 2 is to the Gen 1.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Just.
Order.
a TRX.

send a picture of that and your invoice to Ford. Sadly, there are all too many people, even on here willing to overpay. It’s ok. this is a temporary market and a substantial portion of the high bidders on Jen Tres trucks will take a financial bath on that ADM they’re so proud of. Now to be fair, if they flip it soon, they’ll make a tidy profit but a lot of the current shoppers are the gotta have the latest shiny thing shoppers. They’ll move on to an AMG Merc or what have you in a year or less and the trucks will be barely to gently used.
I hear ya and no judgement to those that do but they have no room to complain about ADMs if they are paying them. It's a choice we all have to make, for me it's just a principal thing. I am not paying a mark up beyond MSRP which is an inherent mark up already.
I have dealt with it in the Harley world for the last 20+ years, sometimes required me to call a 100 dealers and drive hundreds of miles to go get the latest Harley model I wanted at or below MSRP. I'm just not wired to over pay, wether I can "afford it" or not.

I won't pay it, but on the flip side once I do/did find a fair dealer and land one at MSRP then one could argue I appreciate those paying it because my residual value is positively impacted :)

My MY22 GEN3 Raptor is now KBB private party sale valued at almost $30k over what I ordered/paid for it in Feb!!! Appreciate all those paying ADM :), not selling though so all relative to a point in time...

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya and no judgement to those that do but they have no room to complain about ADMs if they are paying them. It's a choice we all have to make, for me it's just a principal thing. I am not paying a mark up beyond MSRP which is an inherent mark up already.
I have dealt with it in the Harley world for the last 20+ years, sometimes required me to call a 100 dealers and drive hundreds of miles to go get the latest Harley model I wanted at or below MSRP. I'm just not wired to over pay, wether I can "afford it" or not.

I won't pay it, but on the flip side once I do/did find a fair dealer and land one at MSRP then one could argue I appreciate those paying it because my residual value is positively impacted :)

My MY22 GEN3 Raptor is now KBB private party sale valued at almost $30k over what I ordered/paid for it in Feb!!! Appreciate all those paying ADM :), not selling though so all relative to a point in time...

I hadn't bothered looking up resale values for my truck, but just did (2022 37 with 2,500 miles). Hehe great feeling when you've paid MSRP and had price protection.

If Ford/RAM are still making V8s in 2024, I do want one - but happy to wait until the euphoria over the R settles down. TRXs been selling for $10K under MSRP for over a year now (Chapman, Koons, Granger), and I kinda like those too.

Enjoy your trucks, gents - Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 (Eco or R), TRX, etc. whatever they might be.

anity93

Reaction score
Does Ford’s CEO recent memo have any impact on this? I ordered a gen3 37 package for 15k over in AZ a few weeks ago with a deposit because that’s 10k lower than what any other dealership would place an order for (apparently because only 20-25% of raptor allocations are “allowed” to have the 37 package).
I’ve been waiting for years to get a gen3 and am hoping with the new Ford name match policy and their future allocations being at risk, I can negotiate down the ADM to something more reasonable or eliminate it completely.

"The first offense may result in a 1:1 reduction
of future allocation by the amount brokered. The
second offense may result in all model
allocation being redirected for the current or
next model year," stated the letter.

You can find more by googling the Ford Name Match Policy. I believe it’s 80% of orders for 2023 vehicles must be sold to the person that ordered.