Ford branded retractable tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of this? I know the roll up has the ford logo showing in the up position which is cool i guess. Now I'm wondering how the retractable tonneau shows the Ford logo.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
If you are referring to the standard Hard Tri-fold Tonneau. Its just a regular aftermarket cover and the dealer just sticks a small ford blue oval badge on the back edge as an afterthought. I just peeled it off as it wasn't even stuck on straight.

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to the standard Hard Tri-fold Tonneau. Its just a regular aftermarket cover and the dealer just sticks a small ford blue oval badge on the back edge as an afterthought. I just peeled it off as it wasn't even stuck on straight.

Apparently there is a retrax style tonneau that ford has available. Part# VJL3Z-84501A42-A. I was just wondering how the branding looks since i can't find a good picture of it anywhere. As for the rollup it seems you can't see the blue oval until its in the rolled up position and the tri-fold has the oval in the bottom left had corner if i recall and maybe an oval of the bottom of the last panel so its visible when flipped up.

chefsam

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my old mans 2015 he said hes pretty sure the ford dealer installed his i dont see a ford logo says bak industries, so maybe not

MhBFB1L.jpg
[/IMG]
082j1vn.jpg
[/IMG]
Itdqj92.jpg
[/IMG]

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Apparently there is a retrax style tonneau that ford has available. Part# VJL3Z-84501A42-A. I was just wondering how the branding looks since i can't find a good picture of it anywhere. As for the rollup it seems you can't see the blue oval until its in the rolled up position and the tri-fold has the oval in the bottom left had corner if i recall and maybe an oval of the bottom of the last panel so its visible when flipped up.

Yeah, I think if you go to the ford parts site there are probably a dozen or more options for Tonneau covers. I was referring to the ones you can pre order on the main ford website configurator when ordering a new truck. I think when you order from the dealer you can specify what you want. I didn't bother (which was probably a mistake on my part) and just went with the default hard top tri fold. Its ok, but has its shortcomings. I especially do not like the fact that I have to open the tailgate just to open or close it. I used to have a roll top on Nissan Pickup some years ago and that was nice.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@DrifterGTR, the Ford cover is made by Bak and is based on the Revolver series. We can probably help you save a bit on a Revolver X2 or Revolver X4.

Let me know if we can help get you setup!

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone been able to find anything on this one
https://accessories.ford.com/bed-products/covers/cover-tonneau-11907.html

I can't remember where, but I found one version last night that had the rare and legendary ability to work with a Thule cross bar. Which is what I want.

I like that, think it looks great, clean.
The integrated channels for load bar accessories is nicely done.
I just hate losing that much of the front of our already too short bed. If the front box assesmbly is easily removable I would consider this cover, otherwise I like my ford revolver style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter