Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
Hey Jake. Just to be rude, you and your imaginary truck can get the f out.

Edited; forgot I was in mixed company, my apologies.

Oh, get the BD pro's- these things are pretty freaking bright. Threw the yellow lense on the S2's and they work great for fog lights.

What bracket you got in front of the grill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
There's a bunch of us who are vendors on here you can work with. Us (duh), Apollo I believe, Jeff over at FRL to name a few.

Ok and thank you for your help. I'm looking at all of them and I think I like the Baja but I haven't made up my mind. Would you happen to know about how much it would cost for the installation?
Thanks

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Which kind of lights are you looking at Michelle? The fog light kit? Installation should be pretty simple but figure an hour at any shop which can range from $70 - $150 depending on where you are. Around here, we'd probably only charge you $75 to install them as it'd take about an hour or less. An experienced dealer who knows the product in/out will have an easier installation then a shop who's never touched the product before.

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Which kind of lights are you looking at Michelle? The fog light kit? Installation should be pretty simple but figure an hour at any shop which can range from $70 - $150 depending on where you are. Around here, we'd probably only charge you $75 to install them as it'd take about an hour or less. An experienced dealer who knows the product in/out will have an easier installation then a shop who's never touched the product before.

I like the Baja designs one the most. I also like the front light bar and light kit I've seen on the raptors at the raptor assault, I think it's on those trucks. Also how would I turn them off and on, are the automatic or is it by the aux switches by the ceiling lights? Thank you again.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Designs actually wires right into your upfitter switches. Inside the engine bay is the fuse panel where the switch wires come back to. So it makes installation pretty easy. They give you all the wiring harnesses you need to tap into the upfitters. Basically bolt em in, route the cables to the box, plug 'em in, and you are done.

On the fog light kits you get 3 pairs of lights. Two of those (The S2 and a pair of squadrons) go to one switch, the 2nd Squadorn set goes to a 2nd switch. Your S8 grille light would go to a 3rd switch, the lower grille lights would go to a 4th switch and your reverse lights would go to a 5th switch, leaving you one left for something else.

Some folks get the extra wiring kit and have the 3 pairs of fogs on 3 different switches but that's an option you don't NEED to do

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Baja Designs actually wires right into your upfitter switches. Inside the engine bay is the fuse panel where the switch wires come back to. So it makes installation pretty easy. They give you all the wiring harnesses you need to tap into the upfitters. Basically bolt em in, route the cables to the box, plug 'em in, and you are done.

On the fog light kits you get 3 pairs of lights. Two of those (The S2 and a pair of squadrons) go to one switch, the 2nd Squadorn set goes to a 2nd switch. Your S8 grille light would go to a 3rd switch, the lower grille lights would go to a 4th switch and your reverse lights would go to a 5th switch, leaving you one left for something else.

Some folks get the extra wiring kit and have the 3 pairs of fogs on 3 different switches but that's an option you don't NEED to do
Thank you for all the info, you've been very helpful and it's greatly appreciated.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Baja Designs actually wires right into your upfitter switches. Inside the engine bay is the fuse panel where the switch wires come back to.

"Fuse panel?"

The AUX (Upfitter) switch wires are inside the engine bay and they are what you'd connect your lights to.

Here's the thread to read regarding connecting lights and electrical outside and inside the Raptor:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/aux-switch-wires-pass-through-wires-55376/

From the above thread - here you can see the AUX/Upfitter switch wires on the left and the Pass Thru wires (that go back inside the cab) on the right. If you need power inside the cab you connect the AUX/Upfitter switch wire(s) to the Pass Thru wire(s) to do that and they can be found behind the passenger footwell panel (see above link/thread).
blunt-cut%20wires2.jpg

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Fuse panel?"

The AUX (Upfitter) switch wires are inside the engine bay and they are what you'd connect your lights to.

Here's the thread to read regarding connecting lights and electrical outside and inside the Raptor:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f266/aux-switch-wires-pass-through-wires-55376/

From the above thread - here you can see the AUX/Upfitter switch wires on the left and the Pass Thru wires (that go back inside the cab) on the right. If you need power inside the cab you connect the AUX/Upfitter switch wire(s) to the Pass Thru wire(s) to do that and they can be found behind the passenger footwell panel (see above link/thread).
blunt-cut%20wires2.jpg

Well ya know what I mean. It's next to the panel

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. It seems I'm a little overwhelmed with all the information. I have to take time to digest it all. My head is spinning at the moment, but all this help is greatly appreciated.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. It seems I'm a little overwhelmed with all the information. I have to take time to digest it all. My head is spinning at the moment, but all this help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, if this is your first time trying to understand LED lighting in a Raptor and the Upfitter/AUX switches it can be a bit overwhelming.

Let me/us know if you have any questions.