Fog lights for the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonight, I drove home through the thickest fog I've experienced in 26 years on this mountain. Way back around 1980, the best fog lights were lights like Cibiè, because of the quality of their lenses. They had sharp cutoffs, with very little light coming out above the cutoff.

Today, it seems like LEDs and HID are the hot ticket. What lights do you like for fog? That mounts easily on a Raptor?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tonight, I drove home through the thickest fog I've experienced in 26 years on this mountain. Way back around 1980, the best fog lights were lights like Cibiè, because of the quality of their lenses. They had sharp cutoffs, with very little light coming out above the cutoff.

Today, it seems like LEDs and HID are the hot ticket. What lights do you like for fog? That mounts easily on a Raptor?

The main one that comes to mind is Rigit. They got all shapes and sizes and they work great. I went with their smaller 4" lights that mount in the small scope hole in your front bumper. The lights come with brackets etc. They also make a bar that will fit inside the grill or just under the grill in the bumper...they have a set of 4" lights plus bracket for mounting around a front lic plate as well.

ecarrillo

Reaction score

Rigid Industries and Vison X are the ones I hear about all the time. I like round lights and Rigid are square, so I'd probably place a couple of them, imbedded in the bumper in the rear when backing up, they look very nice and stock. For the front I might use their amber lights between the license plate, they look stock and given the space, look fine even though their rectangular. I'd prefer a round HID Hella or alike for the bottom holes that currently provide air to the shocks, but I'm not sure how much fabrication that would entail. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Cheers,

Enrique

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The LED's I've seen do not have the sharp cut off that makes for a good fog light... you might check on that carefully before you buy.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The LED's I've seen do not have the sharp cut off that makes for a good fog light... you might check on that carefully before you buy.

Even the Rigid fog ambers don't have a sharp cut-off? Just curious, I don't have any experience with them but am looking into buying some down the road strictly for fog purposes.

I have seen a couple of Raptors outfitted with PIAAs in the bumper holes, don't know what model but they did look pretty decent...maybe 3.5 - 4" lights is my guess.

OP
OP
C

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all those who commented. While I like the Rigid and Vision-X driving lights, their fog lights just do not have the optics that I expect (sharp cutoff to minimize reflection into driver's eyes). I've looked around, and I think I may try this PIAA fog light:
PIAA Corporation USA - 530 LED Fog Lamp Kit
It combines the efficiency of the LED (low power consumption per lumen of output) with PIAA's superior optics.