"Fog Light" pod install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to get me some pods to use as fog lights, I want to wire them to my headlights. One on low and both on high. Anyone does this, anything special I should do while doing this? I plan on using the wiring harness that is included that is fused. Thanks in advance....

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me thinks I've read about swapping out the headlight switch with a fog light equiped switch, then wiring the pods into the switch so they turn on like factory f150 fog lights. Try the search function.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me thinks I've read about swapping out the headlight switch with a fog light equiped switch, then wiring the pods into the switch so they turn on like factory f150 fog lights. Try the search function.

Fails the Occam's Razor test.
Just install the separate switch of your choice (there are some pretty cool ones now) that turn on the fogs independent of everything else.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just install the separate switch of your choice (there are some pretty cool ones now) that turn on the fogs independent of everything else.

Really didn't look very difficult to do and it looks factory.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would just wire them to the AUX, mainly want all 4 to come on when I hit the brites

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would just wire them to the AUX, mainly want all 4 to come on when I hit the brites

In doing so you would rob yourself of full manual control of your lighting options.
I wouldn't do that. I didn't do that, and I have two pairs of fog lights.
But it's your truck, buddy. Make yourself happy.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, one of the most annoying things High School kids do - fog lights on even in the daytime! Pretty dumb.

I concur. Around here it's more than just the high school kids: SUV's, wannabe off-road truck owners that never leave the pavement, etc.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live just a couple of miles from Pismo Beach/Oceano Dunes in CA and the central valley goofs with chromed multiple shock suspensions, 10-12 inch lifts, all trying to outdo each other drive around the Central Coast with ALL of their lights on - light bars, fog lights, windshield pillar lights, etc.
Granted, the CHP makes a ton of money off the tickets they hand out but it still bugs every serious off-roader with their insanity.