Flat Tire Repair Beadlock Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question the Group...Should the "Trim Ring" be removed for tire mount/dismount flat repair?

I have a 2018 with Factory Beadlocks (Beadlock feature not being used ) I noticed a screw in the tire tread and went to Discount Tire for screw removal/repair...which I have done sadly 2X in the past 12 months already...It was busy New Years Eve and they needed truck for a couple hours ...not a problem.

I went across the street to do emails for work and wait it out....I walked back over and saw my Raptor with Wheel removed and the TRIM RING removed from Rim.....

I asked why the Trim Ring was removed and technician said to avoid damaging rim for tire removal...

I prefer not to have someone removing the Loctited Bolts (12 of the them I believe) if it is not necessary...stripped bolts can and do occur ...so I would like to avoid if recommended---

The technician said I did not need to loctite the bolts again...I disagree ...So when I got home I carefully removed all 12 bolts and cleaned them and used Loctitie BLue upon reinstallation...not a big deal bu not much fun either.

Happy New Year and Cheers!

Flat Tire Repair Beadlock Rims

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rings should come off for tire work, I've looked at mine several times and I'm sure damage to the ring would happen if they were left on.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rings should come off for tire work, I've looked at mine several times and I'm sure damage to the ring would happen if they were left on.
I agree 100%...just remove them your self next time...which is what I plan on doing when the time comes..