How To Fix your sagging front bumper piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Those both look great! Mine had a really bad gap in the center almost 2 inch gap.. I was tired of it smiling at everyone lol

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I fabed up some aluminum supports to mount to my RPG Prerunner bumper. Works good so far.

thats a nice simple design and it hides behind the skid plate which is even better! mine are kind of visable on my NFAB bumper so i spray painted mine black. but im still amazed companies selling aftermarket bumpers havent started coming with supports?!

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a nice simple design and it hides behind the skid plate which is even better! mine are kind of visable on my NFAB bumper so i spray painted mine black. but im still amazed companies selling aftermarket bumpers havent started coming with supports?!

I didnt even know that there was a sag issue without OEM bumper, it just seemed like it needed to be supported, especially for offroad use!

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you would **** up your lower grill if you bashed your skid plate off roading with that design.

All that pressure would be transferred through those brackets to the plastic. Or am I seeing it wrong? I suppose it's okay for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
my brackets are rivited to my bumper and hold up that lower valance part \9right below the grill) and keeys the hood latch from being easily acessable. main reason for doing it was to get rid of the "smiling" grill and to prevent easy access to my hood latch... ive taken offroad fairly hard and no damage plus keeps vibration to a minimum too!

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you would **** up your lower grill if you bashed your skid plate off roading with that design.

All that pressure would be transferred through those brackets to the plastic. Or am I seeing it wrong? I suppose it's okay for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The supports are made from 1/8" aluminum witch will bend very easy. They are bolted to the skid plate yes, but if i nerf the bumper hard enough to bend stuff down there I will have many more issues than my lower grill valence.

The lower skid is bolted to the main frame cross member that the rack and motor mounts i believe are on, and to the bumper itself.