First mods to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThomasP7

Reaction score
I recently got a 2012 Supercrew Raptor and I was wondering what the first few mods should be for it. I already have a flowmaster exhaust and plan on getting an X pipe in the future. I was looking at RPG bumpers for it but I was just wondering if any of y’all had some input for me! Sorry if there’s already a thread on this, I couldn’t find it if there was.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They look fine to me as far as I can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many miles since a rebuild is what I should have asked... They can look fine but be worn out. I'd start with flutter stacks, get rid of the bushings, better valving, etc.

OP
OP
ThomasP7

ThomasP7

Reaction score
How many miles since a rebuild is what I should have asked... They can look fine but be worn out. I'd start with flutter stacks, get rid of the bushings, better valving, etc.

I don’t know. I’m going to get them checked out whenever I get back home as I am out of state for college at the moment

MaTm

Reaction score
Depends on what your goals are. Supercharger was one of my first mods.

OP
OP
ThomasP7

ThomasP7

Reaction score
Depends on what your goals are. Supercharger was one of my first mods.

Overall goal is to just make it look better and improve the ride somewhat as I possibly may be getting a 2017 Raptor in about a year so I don’t want to dump too much money into this one.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mid-perch is nice. Supercharger is awesome, but a hefty investment. As mentioned above, it's highly likely you need to rebuild your shocks. I have a 2012 and I've rebuilt mine twice. I'm at 83,000 miles.

I'd first decide if you are going to a 2017 in a year. If so, I probably wouldn't do much. After driving my buddy's 2018 Raptor, I'm sticking with my supercharged 2012, hands down.

Some of my priorities would include bumpers, lights, and a winch. But it really depends on what you are doing with it. I tend to get into sketchy situations!