First mod on day one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what you heard that from, and now sure how that would work. What I recall hearing about this is that it's to reduce drag and thus improve mpg. Essentially, they are mini air dams.
Don’t think he meant that to be literal if you’ve followed some of his other posts. Lol. Great sense of humor!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're right, because Raptor owners aren't A NA L RETENTIVE A S S H O L E S, :buttkick:

Well, I have I've kept all the parts I took off my truck (and didn't resell), so you have a point, but the owner behavior both creates and solves the problem.

On the same topic though, I have a feeling this piece of plastic will not be cheap on tasca parts. Also curious if this will new 'feature' will result in some interesting after market parts. Maybe a clear acrylic piece so you can see the tire and keep the drag reduction. Or a bracket so you can mount another 3 pair of lights below the bumper pockets for a total of 12 lights in the bumper!

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears as though the 800A package does not have these plastic pieces.

A couple posts from others on here with that 800A package show the empty pocket where the 2 Rigid lights are on 801A and no plastic fins like OP removed.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, hurry up and blow $6k and get wheels/bumper/lights/tune so we can see just what the hell this thing looks like modded.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Below is an 800A without Torsen Package from another post on this forum. It would appear as though the flaps are part of Torsen Package which is included in 801A package.

800A.JPG

Last edited:

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure the plastic pieces are to help prevent water from splashing over the top of the hood/windshield when going at speed through a puddle or a body of water.
That's what I said! Wasn't that an issue with the Gun 2's? So they added the front flapper to help