Finally checking in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nin9r

Reaction score
Hi all. Been on the site for a month or so, finally getting my wits about me.

Had a Gen 2 for the shortest of time, started having intermittent electrical issues the week I picked it up. Was used with light bars removed. Returned to dealership within 3 weeks. Had a good time while I had it. Pictures attached.

Ordered a gen 3 back in June of this year and have had the local dealership dicking me around about when it is supposed to be built. Still don't have a VIN so I'm of course having a hard time believing anything. Code orange, moonroof, 35s, 801A high.

See you all around.

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_112051003_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210314_112051003_HDR.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210320_133811890_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210320_133811890_HDR.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 27

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Good luck, sounds like your dealer doesn't have an allocation for you, hopefully they will get your order in on their next allocation drop. VIN is key, no VIN and they are just holding your deposit with the hopes they might get you in at some point. How many others have they taken orders w/o allocations to support and where are you on their "list". they should have been able to get you in on their first allocation of MY22 in October if you didn't make it into a 21 back in June. They really shouldn't take orders for more than they have allocations for, especially now 2 model year releases of allocations...

OP
OP
N

nin9r

Reaction score
Good luck, sounds like your dealer doesn't have an allocation for you, hopefully they will get your order in on their next allocation drop. VIN is key, no VIN and they are just holding your deposit with the hopes they might get you in at some point. How many others have they taken orders w/o allocations to support and where are you on their "list". they should have been able to get you in on their first allocation of MY22 in October if you didn't make it into a 21 back in June. They really shouldn't take orders for more than they have allocations for, especially now 2 model year releases of allocations...
They had 2 allocations when I ordered in June, one was mine, and neither was picked up in time. MY21 order did get rolled to MY22, and was promised first build in December, but then my salesman and the zone rep left. Found that out too late. So now they're committing to 'picked up for January build', whatever that means.

I did receive an email from Ford about having an early '22 order, but like everyone knows that doesn't mean jack.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Man, hope you can get one soon. The gen 3s are beautiful trucks if you can find one.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! Well at least a defective Gen 2 didn’t persuade you, to keep away from Raptors. You must have had some fun in it. Buying a Gen 3 seems to be a hassle in most cases. Heck I won’t even consider until MY23. But east to say when your in one already. Keep the faith and keep looking.