Fake engine sound: Navigator vs Limited vs Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning fellow Raptor owners, does anyone know if the Navigator and F-150 Limited have the fake engine noise piped through the speakers like the Raptor?

Also, for those that have tuned out the fake sound, does the engine sound similar just quieter?

Personally, I don’t mind it that much. It at least adds a little excitement under full throttle, but I really prefer V8 engine sound. My previous 2018 Sierra with the 6.2 with K&N cold air intake and Magnaflow muffler sounded a lot better. That said, the 2019 Raptor is definitely a superior overall truck obviously.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I disabled mine I noticed the biggest difference at low RPMs and low on/off throttle. At higher RPMs and WOT I can hear no difference. To me this suggests the system spends most of it's time trying to make the exhaust noise in light driving.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I disabled mine I noticed the biggest difference at low RPMs and low on/off throttle. At higher RPMs and WOT I can hear no difference. To me this suggests the system spends most of it's time trying to make the exhaust noise in light driving.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that there is active noise canceling also going on in the truck and when you disable the engine sound the noise canceling is also disabled. Is this correct?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is that there is active noise canceling also going on in the truck and when you disable the engine sound the noise canceling is also disabled. Is this correct?

From everything I've read, yes that is correct.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my mother in laws 2016 navigator does not have any fake engine noise.

I am pretty sure they did a model refresh in 2017

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i disabled my fake engine noise it changed the tone in a way I found unpleasant and turned the fake engine noise back on. I found the volume about the same on/off, just a different tone.

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wifes Navigator does not have engine noise piped in but it sounds good when you get in it. I to like the sound of my Raptor anytime its running which means I'm behind the wheel driving it.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the fake engine noise on the 2017 and 2018s was with the less expensive radio. I.e. if you have the 802a with the B&O radio, you do NOT have the fake engine noises.