F250 Platinum Tremor T/D w/ Adaptive steering or 2021?2022? Raptor Loaded (NOT R)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just___Rel

Reaction score
I’m obviously in the 3rd Gen Raptor train. But is this enticing to anyone in the market for a New Raptor?

I can’t decide if this is going to a contender or not. It’s not a trophy truck but it can tow, it can probably jump and sits taller and wider than a raptor. (I would assume)

It has a mildly manageable 1000hp and we didn’t flash it yet.

Am I crazy?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
An F-250 with a carli pintop kit can absolutely keep up with a stock raptor.

BUT...

an F250 "feels" a LOT bigger than a raptor on-trail. it drives like a straight axle truck. It doesn't get "out of the hole" anywhere near as quickly. It also "feels" a LOT heavier.

My f-250 is pretty well equipped. I have driven it fast offroad. ( over 60 mph). I would NOT want to offroad it on the east coast. The trails are way more narrow. They arent as fast, and you'll be hard-pressed to find 100s of miles of wide, open trails anywhere close.

Lastly, you wouldn't catch me jumping my F250. Rubber bump stops, seriously nose-heavy, and solid front axle.

No thanks.

BUT, like I said, they trucks boogie with carli kits on them. The carli kits also take care of the death wobble and weird steering feeling. They also give you the ability to have fun and still tow without having to mess with the suspension in between.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m obviously in the 3rd Gen Raptor train. But is this enticing to anyone in the market for a New Raptor?

I can’t decide if this is going to a contender or not. It’s not a trophy truck but it can tow, it can probably jump and sits taller and wider than a raptor. (I would assume)

It has a mildly manageable 1000hp and we didn’t flash it yet.

Am I crazy?

If you want taller and wider, why not get a Megaraptor? $185k out the door. You get a real trophy truck look and everyone will question your manhood. And I think it's torque at 1000ft-lbs rather than horsepower. And you can jump any vehicle. But not all of them land well ...

Lupa

Reaction score
@zombiekiller even the Carli folks will tell you there's limits to the offroad performance possible with even their full pin top system on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. They are not going off road as well as a similarly equipped f150 let alone a gen 2 raptor.

But they are awesomely engineered systems! My wife wants to order a 2022 tremor and I really think the better move is a regular f350 with the full Carli pintop system and new wheels and 37's

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
@zombiekiller even the Carli folks will tell you there's limits to the offroad performance possible with even their full pin top system on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. They are not going off road as well as a similarly equipped f150 let alone a gen 2 raptor.

But they are awesomely engineered systems! My wife wants to order a 2022 tremor and I really think the better move is a regular f350 with the full Carli pintop system and new wheels and 37's

I have spoken with Carli extensively.

There are limits, sure, but a pintop setup on a superduty completely changes the truck ( in a very very good way).

Both I and the owner of ExO have offroaded in our F250s a fair amount.

Ever tow a raptor with 3 wheels, on a 22ft trailer, for 20 miles through the desert around La rumorosa just to get the highway? We have.

Ever take a superduty on an overlanding trip to baja, or JV, or any other desert? We have.

you'd be shocked at what they can do. I just still wouldn't jump mine. ( pretty much because I have a raptor for that.)

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 19 Raptor and a 20 Tremor their not even comparable. Biggest difference being weight and overall size of the 250. My 250 with massage seats is more comfortable on trips where the Recaros tend to make my sore. Obviously I don’t off-road except for 6 miles each way to work daily on a very potholely (not a word). Raptor hands down. I will be getting the wife a new 21 Raptor an ill wait till the R comes out for me.