Exterior Paint Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice areas that look like they were sprayed incorrectly? On my hood on the front lip it looks like it wasnt fully sprayed as well as near the headlights at the top where it meets the fenders I have the same thing. Anyone else have this? I've already had them respray the rear because I saw a lil rust which they covered under warranty.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
think most of us have some sort of paint problem somewhere on these trucks. mine has orange peel on the rear doors. and looks like sand in the paint on the fenders and hood in small areas. also what looks like a paint blob on the tail gate. but i dont want to have it repainted. dont want to make it look worse. jack.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could ignore it but payin 628 a month it just annoys me that there's imperfections in the paint.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya its sad that the paint looks as crappy as it does... You would think in todays time they would have the process so perfected. Not that cant perfect it they just chose not ot...

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one area that Ford has fallen short on (at least on F150's) is exterior fit and finish. I love my Raptor, but exterior body panel alignment and paint quality are no where close to what you get on a Toyota Tundra. It seems that this problem is much worse on trucks coming from the Dearborn plant. I hope rumors are true that some Raptors for 2013 are to be built in Kentucky, if true and exterior quality is up, I will trade again-if not this is my last Ford till they get their act together.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck has the worst paint job I have ever seen on a new vehicle! Mine has dirt, fish eyes, scratches from assembly, bubbles in the clear coat, and many areas with no paint or even primer. :waytogo: Ford!

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contacted my local dealer and dropping by today to have the manager take a look so will see what the outcome is.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contacted my local dealer and dropping by today to have the manager take a look so will see what the outcome is.

If the manger does not come through, I would suggest filing a complaint with FORD customer service (the contact should be in your owners manual). Ford needs to know about quality issues. No mater what your paying, the annoying will not go away and your not pleased with the imperfections in the paint.
Good luck and keep us posted.