Exhaust Modes Unavailable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently my Gen3 fails to allow me to change the exhaust modes. This does not happen all the time, but it is happening more frequently than not. A message comes up that says that they are unavailable. Anyone else have this problem? Just trying to see if there’s something I can do before I take it to the dealership. Thanks in advance.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the connection that goes to the exhaust to see if it’s plugged in all the way. I like to unplug it use a bit of dielectric grease and then listen for the snap sound when it connects back up.

OP
OP
Floyd554

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the connection that goes to the exhaust to see if it’s plugged in all the way. I like to unplug it use a bit of dielectric grease and then listen for the snap sound when it connects back up.
Thanks for the info. With these new trucks I always think something computer related first. I forget about the simple things. I couldn’t get it unplugged, so I just pushed it in. We will see if the problem continues. Thanks again.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. With these new trucks I always think something computer related first. I forget about the simple things. I couldn’t get it unplugged, so I just pushed it in. We will see if the problem continues. Thanks again.
Yes please report this back to help others.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently my Gen3 fails to allow me to change the exhaust modes. This does not happen all the time, but it is happening more frequently than not. A message comes up that says that they are unavailable. Anyone else have this problem? Just trying to see if there’s something I can do before I take it to the dealership. Thanks in advance.
Check out this similar thread; might be of interest to you…

OP
OP
Floyd554

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the Raptor into the dealership to have the exhaust checked. They stated it’s a faulty right side exhaust valve actuator. The part is on order and should be in next week. Hopefully this takes care of it. Thanks to all for your input.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue but mine doesn’t give the exhaust unavailable but when I put in sport or Baja you can tell the sound stays the same anybody else have this issue or how to fix it?