Engine Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I would schedule a trip to the dyno to verify you got the right 3.5 eco!!! Something is not right.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serious question. What's the engine code that is stamped on the block of the 3.5l HO engine?
And the engine code of the the normal 3.5l NON HO?
Can't seem to find them online, and I'm not near my truck at the moment.

JJC

Reaction score
In OP's defense, if you're spending $60K and dealing with this shitshow of a launch the truck better come with the right parts. I would be pissed as well.

I'm in the order line: last 2 cars were E63 AMG & Sl550. No way those get through QC with the wrong engine cover. The OP is right and would be perfectly in rights to complain. With options and tax the Gen2 Raptors are $70K. Ford - get stuff right to begin with and quickly fix what's not right.

D

Deleted member 12951

Found out that you can file a misbuilt claim with Ford Performance. Apparently other 17' raptor owners are filling this claim and getting things fixed, several mistakes out there being reported.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash jockey probably switched it before you got there, hoping you wouldn't notice.

My first thought as well. Somewhere in the OP's hometown, there's a part time car washer who's got a Raptor engine cover on Craigslist.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a notice today that my correct engine cover is in, told my guy on Monday, and on Tuesday (today) he said correct cover is in and ready. Crazy how fast it go to the dealership.

Im sure its the correct motor but still has me wondering, maybe ill go line up next to a Gen 1 and see if i win.

loboloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only is it made out of foam, it apparently is made of very tasty foam. I noticed yesterday that mice started eating my cover.

21731833_1893502687577297_6055146404489360892_o.jpg