Edmunds.com Editors Hit Aluminum 2015 Ford F-150 With Sledgehammer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew there would be a difference, just didn't think it would that much of a difference. I especially didn't expect the shop rated being almost twice as much.

I will say that the doors on the 370Z have been very resilliant. They have taken a couple of shots I have seen and not shown any dings. We got caught in a hail storm and only had three small dings in the aluminum hood. The dent wizard was able to remove them and I can't find any evidence even knowing where they were.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked at the dealership if the box was aluminum and the salesman said no I dont think so because it would dent to easy, so I said can you find out for sure, he went into an office and came back saying for sure it is steel. I told him to get me a magnet and showed him that it would not stick.

Goes to show that just because someone works for Ford, they can still be a total idiot and have no clue what they're selling.

Shoot him an email with this link...
How Ford Secretly Tested F-150 Aluminum Beds in 2011

Just because it's aluminum doesn't mean it's fragile.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy Crap, Batman! $887.00 for a rear tail light? $4100.00 to fix a rear 1/4 panel? Would look a lot better if they would have just put some Glass Works fenders on it!!!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The real loser in this whole situation is insurance. Lol

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Around here we call 'em work trucks. You wouldn't even think about fixing those kinds of things up.