Edelbrock Eaton Gen VI TVS Intercooler Supercharger 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok I'm concerned using this kit, or any blower actually, because I'm not sure how the internals will hold up. I've heard from others that the 5.4 is a pretty bulletproof engine. I've also been told that it's the same short block that the gt500 uses. Not sure what's right or not. How stout is the internals of this engine? I don't want to put something like this on and throw a rod. Or blow a head gasket. Any info would be great guys. Thanks.

I think if you (or anyone else that buys this) uses common sense and doesn't dial up the boost past what the kit is pulleyed for you will be fine.

The minute you start pulleying this thing (and increasing the boost) on a stock 5.4L Raptor engine you run the risk of blowing the motor with stock internals.

I am pretty sure Edelbrock didn't just slap some kit together for these trucks and pray the motors hold together. There's some solid engineering in these kits along with the requisite testing. I'd be more worried if some small time, fly by night garage out of Podunk, OK thru something together and put it up for sale.

The 5.4L is a bulletproof engine, but like anything you start ****ing with stuff things are going to break.

The block is cast iron, just like the 2007-2010 GT500. As everyone knows the new 5.4L block in the 2011 GT500 is Aluminum.

The GT500 has forged pistons, a forged steel crank and beefy forged rods. This is due to the engine being engineered and designed by Ford as a forced induction engine from the factory. Stock GT500 engines have been known to output 1000HP on the stock rotating assembly. Yes, it's that well built from Ford!

The Raptor is not, so it gets by (just fine) with hypereutectic cast pistons and other parts. The 5.4L 3V does have a forged steel crank. If it's not abused I don't think you will have any issues with this supercharger kit on the stock engine.

vegasfergie

Reaction score
Thanks guys thats good info and advice. I wouldn't put a different pulley on it or NOX or anything other that what's in the kit. And you're right guys if you use common sense it should hold up. Good maintenance and not towing 10K lbs up a steep grade, etc. Now I just need to save up 6k! :cool2:

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to email my contact at Edelbrock (*no I am not affiliated with them in any way) and point him to this thread. Maybe there could be a chance of a group buy.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI I just did some more research. Apparently all 5.4L 3V engines have forged cranks from the factory.

Rods and pistons would be the weak link for higher boost.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually I was talking about getting wholesale pricing. One can imagine Edelbrock giving a small company access to their product line especially if a number of units were going to be sold. I suggest we take the approach first as I believe it would result in pricing lower than a group buy.

Tim, perhaps you can ask them their policy on distributors. I'm sure we can find a company ;) that will handle the transactions for the group assuming Edelbrock will give the company wholesale pricing.

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think JDM was doing a group buy over at the other forum, but in all honestly I found better prices myself by looking vs. what they were asking in a "group buy"

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think JDM was doing a group buy over at the other forum, but in all honestly I found better prices myself by looking vs. what they were asking in a "group buy"

Yup. From my experience, unless the manufacturer is selling the products directly to the group (buy) like Rigid Industries did with us, group buy pricing is often similar to what one can negotiate with a distributor.

I used to have a high-end vehicle aftermarket products business and it's not difficult to establish a relationship with most manufacturers where you can buy their products at wholesale prices and resell them. I'm sure someone could do that here for the benefit of this forum :)

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. From my experience, unless the manufacturer is selling the products directly to the group (buy) like Rigid Industries did with us, group buy pricing is often similar to what one can negotiate with a distributor.

I used to have a high-end vehicle aftermarket products business and it's not difficult to establish a relationship with most manufacturers where you can buy their products at wholesale prices and resell them. I'm sure someone could do that here for the benefit of this forum :)

Sounds like you've had a lot of experience in this arena in the past.

I volunteer you as Minister of Negotiation and Vendor Relationships.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:bump:
I still cannot find a F150 with a E Force unit anywhere online. Im interested in this thing so if anybody has info dont hold it back. Didnt get the Edeldbrock rep on here yet?