Easy fuel not so easy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow don't be a worry wart the system works fine putting a cap on it is pointless lol

Sent from my S4

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for a piece of mine I always give the door a little push that is me putting on my cap. as far as dust I bet more gets in with the locking cap's breather hole.

OP
OP
vince7870

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
come on you should know by now sometimes you have to play with the hole to get it to open up. Or just feed it e-30 and it would be happy to open up for you.

Mr Wilson was correct ! Dealer thought I was retarded, turns out if fuel nozzle banged up or worn the 2 locking latches on side won't allow flap to open!

Something so simple causing me anguish!:Stupid Me:

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the locking unit for these because I was also worried and never used, because never had any problem with dust, water or sand getting inside. The nozzle needs to be round and not worn for it to work. We developed a funnel for these to replace the Ford funnel if lost, and have done a ton of research on the multiple types of capless fuel systems that Ford, Chrysler, GM and others are now using. Only issue I have had on my Raptor was during the SnoBall run at one fuel stop the nozzle actually because stuck in the fuel tube. It ended up being a groove on the nozzle that caught in the little tab buttons that allow the door to be opened. I had to stick a piece of paper down around the nozzle to get it out, after 15 minutes trying to figure out what was going on in the cold.