EARLY 2012 Ford Raptor Finds ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badger

Reaction score
If you cant see spending 52k on a F150, this isnt the truck for you anyway. Sorry, but thats just the truth of the Raptor. Its not practical. I didnt think of it as a 52k F150, I thought of it as an upgrade to my 48k Toyota Tundra with 4k in better accessories and performance. And its a high performance vehicle made by Ford.

Its not an F150, just like a GT500 isnt a mustang. After you get past the steering wheel and pedals, they are very different.

Thats like saying Rosie O'Donell is the same thing as Katy Perry. (and no, Im not a fan of Katy Perry, but I would stuff a sock in her mouth and bend her over in a new york minute!)

i hear ya - i can afford it (sold my 08 superduty) but just having trouble justifying any vehicle near msrp. the richest person i have met in this state owns a bunch of auto dealerships - he doesn't need any more of my money! i don't want a sunroof (tall) and don't need navigation (live rural and have a nav on my iphone and ipad and never need them). so if i order what i want (loaded without nav or roof) and get for around invoice it comes out to around 46g after tax. around here all the raptors have (had) nav and roof so that is 3g in extras i dont want. tack on the price over invoice and i amd 7g over my ordered price. my point is only that i would pay 46 after tax for the truck and i found a dealer willing to do that. the japan tragedy changed all that. i should have been more clear - i am not willing to pay that much more to get one this month vs in december.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i don't want a sunroof (tall)

I'm 6'3" and I have the Sunroof and love it. If I put my seat all the way to the floor I'm about 6-8 inches away from the roof! There is no worries with this truck and a roof. Height has no problems at all!!!

badger

Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and I have the Sunroof and love it. If I put my seat all the way to the floor I'm about 6-8 inches away from the roof! There is no worries with this truck and a roof. Height has no problems at all!!!

i have had sunroofs leak, sqeek, and get stuck open. my o7 toyota sequoia has only one issue - a loud squeek from the roof. i don't ever use them so i would rather take the $1,000 and spend it on a new ipad and iphone - things i use every day.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats cool, I wish you luck, and with some work you might get just what you want!

I have had the sunroofs before, and never had any problems....just never really used it.

MORaptorMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If saving money is the important thing, then buy used and save thousands. As far as the sunroof goes, I'm 6'4" with most of my height above the waist. I fit with the moonroof just fine and my seat's not even all the way down.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If saving money is the important thing, then buy used and save thousands. As far as the sunroof goes, I'm 6'4" with most of my height above the waist. I fit with the moonroof just fine and my seat's not even all the way down.

Me too. And your Toyota had a sunroof problem because, well, it's a Toyota.:supergay:

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read on another forum that the new front camera for 2012 will have a lens washer. Now that is pretty cool!:drool:

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the official information direct from Ford:

Model Lineup
• No changes to the model lineup for 2012

Performance/Handling
• TORSEN® front differential standard, includes
aluminum differential cover

Safety/Security
• No feature changes for 2012

Comfort/Convenience