E50 fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ash Keshavarz

Reaction score
I live in San Diego and I haven't been able to find E50. Was looking at adding the E50 tune from goosetuned but no point if I can't locate the fuel anywhere. Any tips appreciated.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E50 is a blend down from E85. You get the Ethanol content from you local E85 pump then goose will help with the blend to get you to 50. Atleast thats my understanding. I was going to do the same but didn't want to have to blend all the time. Esp since we don't have E85 but at a few stations that are more than 30 min drive from me. Plus worry bout traveling and not finding it. So I've decided to stay 93 for now.

Maybe others can chime in or just message or email goose. He will get back to u pretty quickly.

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E50 is not available at any pump.
You need to find E85, test the actual ethanol content then mix it with your gasoline of choice to get it to E50

Zilla

Reaction score
I installed a flex fuel sensor in my Z06 so that my tune would auto adjust based on fuel fed through the injectors. Living in Cali we are stuck with crappy 91 or E85, so this allowed me to run 91 wherever I Go or blend E85 based on availability up to E60 for more power.

is this possible with the Raptor as well? I don’t see anyone running flex tunes like this. Is it a hardware or a software issue?

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I'm learning about the blend process... once you have determined your ethanol content at a specific station. Do you blend at the pump or do u buy gas cans to measure and do your blending at home?

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you may get 80% E85 one day then 50% E85 the next day from the same station depending on when they get fuel delivered.
I would measure content every time then blend accordingly.

I’ve had to do this in the past and after a few times I said screw it.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I'm learning about the blend process... once you have determined your ethanol content at a specific station. Do you blend at the pump or do u buy gas cans to measure and do your blending at home?

I blend at the pump. I check the ethanol content monthly to make sure no large swings in ethanol content. It takes literally <5 minutes. I utilize the same pump every time. If I am traveling somewhere (out of state, etc) that doesn't have e85 then I just switch COBB maps to goosetuned 91 stage II.

I always carry the ethanol test kit with me in case I need to use a different e85 gas station.

I suspect COBB will be coming out for a way to allow us to analyze ethanol content via AP gauges in the near future.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhh ok... so if u have say 1/8 of tank of E50 then need to fill up but don't have E85 around u just fill up with ur premium fuel and switch tune back. That makes sense.