Driveway Parking Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Just move? Your going to uproot your whole family and spends thousands to move to a home that you might not even like as much...so your truck can fit in the garage? If you're moving already, sure, make the garage space a priority, but moving just to get a bigger garage is nuts.
Sacrifices we make for the love of our Raptors! But calm down it was all in jest!

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have 2 garage doors that my Raptor would not have fit through, with brick in between them, it wouldn't have been cheap to remove and have a 17' wide door custom made, but fortunately for me, my wife backed her Cadillac through the brick and doors, therefor creating the perfect scenario for my insurance to pay for it all. Yes.....that is a true story, over 7k in damage to the car and 20ish to the house, I love that woman............
Custom garage door was about $1200 (plain door, no windows).

Removing the column and adding a composite header to support the roof was $4000.

I used to have the 2 garage doors as well, my 2006 F150 would fit if I folded in one of the mirrors. I knew the Raptor would not. I had the work done prior to purchasing the 2018 Raptor.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At home truck is outside. But this is mostly evening-night time and weekends. Day time weekdays when the sun is it’s worst, it parks in a garage for work.

Just keep the truck polished/waxed/ceramic coated or wrap it. Tint windows and use a sunshade. You can buy and apply UV protectants for your interior as well.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has to be outdoors I'd recommend getting it ceramic coated if it's within your budget or at least get it and keep it waxed with a carnuba based wax. Either of those options will at least provide a barrier between the paint and whatever debris might get on the paint.

At least in SJ you won't have to worry about rain so much, just pollen, dust and road film.

+1 to @Oldfart on tinting recommendation and I'd also do a leather conditioner/sealer to make sure everything stays black and resistant to UV damage.

This is what I do and 2 yrs in and it is wearing well.

I also do tire conditioner.

muditup

Reaction score
The Raptor will take it’s rightful place in the driveway where my current truck lives.
It will have a comfy country life! Lol

Attachments

• CE1C268D-D4F5-47B3-9BBB-255E4A422535.jpeg
    CE1C268D-D4F5-47B3-9BBB-255E4A422535.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 29

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Life rule #24 Don't get an awesome ride until you have a garage to put it in.

which coincidently will probably help your net worth go up faster.......so you can buy more cars or trucks

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Just move? Your going to uproot your whole family and spends thousands to move to a home that you might not even like as much...so your truck can fit in the garage? If you're moving already, sure, make the garage space a priority, but moving just to get a bigger garage is nuts.

nah, the garage is my happy place. mine is ok. but i need bigger too. And i'll move just because of that