Driveway Parking Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A carport of some kind is what you want, it will keep 90% of elements off the vehicle, interior always in the shade and much much cooler.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
My Raptor has always been garaged and never parked outside overnight. Colorado sun is brutal and the weather can be disastrous. Then there is the truck, tailgate and catalytic converter thief's. I personally would not be able to sleep at night if my truck was left outside! If you love your truck I would be looking to move to a place that will accommodate your Raptor.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong if I had, I dunno say..

...a damn 30 by 30 foot by 12 foot garage barn **** thing, of course the truck would be inside. So I can stage it, to run throw the garage door like in the movies and run over zombies on my escape.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to just "move to a place I can store it"... California real estate is not easy to afford. So location isn't changing. Wondering how I can mitigate mostly sun. Sun shade, ceramic coat, window tinting were the immediate plans.

Wondering if a cloth cover would also help sun protection much. Weighing hassle vs benefit.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do cover mine AND park it under a carport. I don't use mine on a daily basis. If you get a cover, be sure to get an 85 inch wide. I ordered one for a Raptor but they sent a standard F150 cover which is only 70 inches wide and it didn't cover. 85x233 works well.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor has always been garaged and never parked outside overnight. Colorado sun is brutal and the weather can be disastrous. Then there is the truck, tailgate and catalytic converter thief's. I personally would not be able to sleep at night if my truck was left outside! If you love your truck I would be looking to move to a place that will accommodate your Raptor.

Just move? Your going to uproot your whole family and spends thousands to move to a home that you might not even like as much...so your truck can fit in the garage? If you're moving already, sure, make the garage space a priority, but moving just to get a bigger garage is nuts.