Driveshaft recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How urgent is this really? My daughter wrecked my wife's car, so I really don't want to be in a dealership loaner (assuming they have one) while this gets fixed....
Depends what you mean by urgent lol. Go look under your truck, is there scoring marks/wear on your driveshaft from the loose insulation? If there is then they have to replace it lol. If not then they still have to re-secure it, which could take just a few hours or if they are back ordered on the bolts/fasteners then you'll still be waiting regardless. Give the dealer a call if it's not leaving marks to see if they are backordered on the recall parts

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when I drive 6 towns over to score an MSRP deal. I don't want to drive over there to fix this, and I don't want to go to my nearest dealer who quoted me $20K ADM, lol. Looks like I will be calling a dealership in the middle.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when I drive 6 towns over to score an MSRP deal. I don't want to drive over there to fix this, and I don't want to go to my nearest dealer who quoted me $20K ADM, lol. Looks like I will be calling a dealership in the middle.
Take it to the closed one... its a recall. While you are there, rub it in to the dealer that you paid less than his ADM.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya great idea! They will be super happy to help you after that dumb *** idea! How about you take it in and are glad you have a local dealer to work on it. The dealer charges what they charge and you buy where you buy, there is no reason to get bent out of shape, just be glad you found it for less. There is a stop sale on F150’s that have not had this recall performed FYI.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there are 100's of thousands of 2021 - 2022 models on the road currently and the recall didn't tell those drivers to stop driving their trucks, I would say it's safe to drive for the time being. You may not want to put 50K miles on it as over time it could wear out. If I had my Raptor today and needed the recall, I wouldn't stop driving it.
Took the truck on road trip including some hard fast off-road and light rock crawling.
Leaving Moab tomorrow.
7C9E674B-4E6B-4782-A11F-678D5A413B49.jpeg
8F96BCBA-27A9-40CA-A866-1EAAED588C9F.jpeg
I think by now everything that had to break should already have.
PS: still advertising