Driver side heated seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a bad feeling the steelership , is gonna find a way of not covering the repair,

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to throw this out there when i was cleaning the truck this weekend. There are filters on the seat heater fans under the seat.

I know there is no cabin air filter and after a few offroad trips my filters were caked with dust.

Might be worth looking into for other to change those out, might be starving air flow over the heater coils and they are getting too hot.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes, also cooled.

However i know where your going. The fans kick on in my truck with the heated seat on as well

demnraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 and just had to have both of my driver seat elements replaced! Luckily mine was covered by extended warranty. I'm definitely going to see if mine has those fans/filters on the bottom to possibly help prevent it from happening again.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pick mine up from the dealer tomorrow. I added heated seats to my FJ and for $800 1 would buy the part and do it my self. It was not that hard